Honored Contributor

Re: Tired Of Trying To Find Cleanser, Please Advise!

On 6/7/2014 motherinlaw said:

Thank You, croemer, for your input. I look forward to receiving my first shipment of Tatcha and seeing what the buzz is all about! Happy to learn that you enjoy yours. Smiley Happy

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do....the oil really melts the MU off without drying the skin out. The powder is very mild and creamy when you add it to water in your hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor

On 6/7/2014 Gigikiwi said:

I keep going back to Purity.

Look back at post #18. Twins has tried it. No go!

Honored Contributor

On 6/7/2014 Twins said:
On 6/7/2014 croemer said:
On 6/7/2014 motherinlaw said:

You might consider the new cleanser on the Q...Tatcha.

It sounds divine and mine should be here any day. Wasn't looking for a new cleanser but this was just too wonderful in nature to pass up.

Since my background is in skincare/cosmetics, I would be happy to write a review when it arrives and I have had a chance to work with it.

Hopefully this might help you in your struggle to find something that works well for you.

I have the Tatcha kit and it is very good and very mild.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Hi, can't get much info about oil except it has alcohol and fragrance, not good! Powder has talc (not for dry skin), wood pulp, and Papain, and I have an allergy to papaya. So that's out for me, lol.

BINGO!!!! Twins, you finally made me realize why the Tatcha cleansing oil is drying on my skin- it contains alcohol, the drying kind of alcohol!! I guess i kept glossing over that in the ingredients! Now it all makes sense, lol! Thanks!!

Super Contributor

Paula says mineral oil and petrolatum do not clog pores. I use mineral oil to take off eye makeup.

Regular Contributor

On 6/7/2014 Irishrose136 said:
On 6/7/2014 Twins said:
On 6/7/2014 beautty said: Maybe the stuff you're currently using is bothering your skin. Mineral oil & Vaseline are chemical-laden and gunk up pores with petroleum byproducts. Emu oil is natural but you may be reacting to the animal properties. Just some thoughts. A cleanser might not be dissolving all the residue from what you're using now so it's a vicious circle. I'd get a Derm Dr. consult & start over with lighter but nourishing products & gentle cleanser to rebalance. Skin easily confused! Good luck. I've used Purity for years with clarisonic but NEVER those heavy greasy chemical products you use. Toss them out IMO !

I've had the best luck with Emu Oil, and they even use it on burn victims. Very anti-inflammatory and soothing. I've used Vaseline for over 30 yrs. both day and night. I've used mineral oil for as long as I remember. It's when I started trying NEW things like natural products that I got into trouble. Purity gave me the worse rash ever. Read the ingredients and you will be shocked! You're putting Pepper on your face! I do well with heavy and greasy, otherwise I get flakey and even drier. I even tried Vanicream, which many can use, but it has EDTA, BHT, BHA and other not too great ingredients. Pharmacies use this as a base for mixing products!

Twins, I'm so sorry to hear that you're still looking for better cleansing products.

I don't know why people have jumped on this bandwagon that PETROLATUM and MINERAL OIL are bad for skin. Here is a link with more info..................

http://www.paulaschoice.com/find/?q=petrolatum

I've always known that mineral oil and petrolatum are just fine for facial skin. I've actually gotten compliments for years by using them, and then more when I added on the Emu. I always have trouble when the weather changes in cleansers, just don't know why. I just know that Cetaphil and Aquanil and just too drying for me. I'm going to Exederm which seems the best so far with few ingredients, and no irritants. Thanks for mentioning this!

Valued Contributor

I don't find Peter Thomas Roth Gentle foaming cleanser to be drying. I have very sensitive skin. Buy a small amount of it on ebay to try it out ( not even sure there is a small size available ) or go on his site or Sephora etc. QVC doesn't sell this particular cleanser but I really like it.

Gentle Foaming Cleanser

remover in one with Wheat Amino Acids and Vitamins A, C and E. Soap-free, sulfate-free, alcohol-free and fragrance-free.

This gentle foaming daily facial cleanser is free of soap, sulfates and fragrance. Removes makeup and cleanses in one easy step, leaving skin feeling ultra clean. Blend of mild surfactants helps to easily remove surface impurities, environmental pollutants and oil without over-drying or stripping the skin of essential oils. Removes makeup, even stubborn eye makeup without irritating the sensitive eye area. Wheat Amino Acids help to hydrate the skin while Vitamins A, C and E provide powerful antioxidant protection.

Respected Contributor

Have you considered Boots Hot Cleansing Balm? I just got a container to try, I usually use Albolene too, but I wanted to try the Boots because it's more natural. It is mostly olive oil and just a couple other ingredents, but I believe the ingredient list is minimal and I like the balm consistency like the Albolene.

Super Contributor

Both Cerave and Aveeno work well (the creamy not the foaming) for my dry, sensitive skin, but you sound like you have more sensitivities than me so only suggestion would be an oil method.

Honored Contributor

I use Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash. It has no dyes, artificial perfumes or harsh irritants. When you click on the product you can get a list of the ingredients. I love this cleanser and buy it at Wal-Mart. http://www.simpleskincare.com/our-products/category/426484/cleansers

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

If you haven't tried Paula's Choice I would definitely give it a shot. I know your term said to avoid ""too many ingredients"" but my very sensitive skin reacts very well to her cleansers. They are all formulated with non-irritating ingredients and many contain soothing agents. I've tried several and they all are gentle. You can order samples online or even call customer service and they will usually send you free samples to try out.