Regular Contributor

Tired Of Trying To Find Cleanser, Please Advise!

Hi ladies, I'm back from my poetry board and sure have missed all of you! I need your help, and this is for very dry and sensitive skin, as usual, lol.

Maybe I'm asking for too much, but I am trying everything for a facial cleanser for morning use, night too, but not using barely any foundation so don't have to worry about removing it. I keep going right back to Cetaphil, which is still drying but can't find anything else that doesn't give me hives or rashes. I can't use ANY natural products because of plant extracts and botanicals. And no sudsing cleansers like Purpose, etc. anymore because of extreme drying.

I can't use Philosophy famous one because of rashes, or CeraVe Hydrating because it gives me red bumps. My derm told me to look for the least amount of ingredients, so can't even use Paula's Choice Moisture Boost, etc. I've really given up so thats why I'm turning to you. Yes, I've used water, but because I use a heavy Emu Oil at night, I don't feel clean. This is my only routine, and not proud of it.

Morning, Cetaphil, Evian spray (water), and Emu Oil.

Night, Cetaphil, Evian or Aloe Gel (only several ing.), and Emu Oil.

When I want a change, wash with USP clear Mineral Oil, and instead of Emu I use Vaseline. If I have to use foundation, then Albolene with a warm, wet wash cloth and remove completely. BTW, have given up on moisturizers because of rashes and hives. HELP!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Tired Of Trying To Find Cleanser, Please Advise!

Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo - 13 oz

Pick this up at your local WalGreens or Target. I use it with baking soda for a good exfoliating face wash. I alternate this with Cerave, but I have oily skin. This is actually not too moisturizing but I don't use moisturizer in the mornings so this is perfect for me. Its ingredients are natural and chocked full of moisturizing agents since it is for babies!

Respected Contributor

There are lots of do-it-yourself (DIY) cleansing recipes on the internet. For example, you can make a paste with oatmeal to cleanse or even use honey. These are truly natural recipes. There are lots of things you could try until you find one that agrees with your skin.

Super Contributor

I use Burt's Bee cleanser for sensitive skin. Its wonderful. I have sensitive skin, light/medium skin tone and 54 yrs. old. Also, the sensitive skin towelettes are great when in a hurry.

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

I know I sound like I'm beating a dead horse (so to speak), but I use this every time I take a shower and my face feels clean and not dry, is try using Dr. Denese's face wash.

You can always send it back.

Esteemed Contributor

Why don't you have your derm do allergy testing? You know, the ones all over your back for a week? It can really show exactly what is causing you problems.

Respected Contributor

Regular Contributor

I'm so sorry but should have added that I can't use 'natural' because of the plants and botanicals. Burts Bees is a killer for me! Dove causes a rash. Just wondering if I should just stay with what I'm using instead of constantly looking around. What do you think???

Respected Contributor