Occasional Visitor

Tips to remove dark spots in my face?

Hi all

I am 25 years girl with the fair skin. At the age of 23 years i don’t have any of my skin problems. Than it started with 1,2 darks spots in my face i have ignored it that time, though it go like that only. But now i can see number of darks spots on my face. Used lot many creams and lotions but they are ineffective. Don’t know what to do if anyone have any of the suggestion please make me reply.

Valued Contributor

Re: Tips to remove dark spots in my face?

Prescription Tretinoin will work.  It is the only thing that is truly effective.

Trusted Contributor

Try Nadolina 3% hydroquinone in the ethic section at Walmart.  Or get a prescription for 4 or 6% hyrodquinone from your dermatologist.  Always use sunscreen as the dark spots will return.

Honored Contributor

@LisaWillams wrote:

Hi all

I am 25 years girl with the fair skin. At the age of 23 years i don’t have any of my skin problems. Than it started with 1,2 darks spots in my face i have ignored it that time, though it go like that only. But now i can see number of darks spots on my face. Used lot many creams and lotions but they are ineffective. Don’t know what to do if anyone have any of the suggestion please make me reply.

Something is going on for them to develop so quickly on someone so young   ....  please see a Dermatologist and get a diagnosis.

Honored Contributor

Try RX 4% hydroquinone, use it for 3 months then stop, fading should be complete by then.

Honored Contributor

Lotions and creams aren't going to do anything for hyperpigmentation.  You need a good vitamin C serum for ongoing use and a spot treatment product with the ingredient "haloxyl".  There are many favorite vitamin c serums among the members here.  Mine is Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum - find it on the Pure Formulations website (free shipping).  Also check out Skinn Hylighten for spot treatment.  It's on the Evine website or even eBay.

Given your age, I would avoid Tretinoin/Retin-A as it is not recommended for use during pregnancy, just in case.

Respected Contributor

@sassenach1 wrote:

Prescription Tretinoin will work.  It is the only thing that is truly effective.

Doesn't work for everyone.  Did nothing but waste my money.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Applying sunscreen morning, noon, and after work is a MUST for a lightener to work. There's powder formulas and spf makeup to touch up with. If you are diligent using sunscreen and at minimum a 2% hydroquinone product you should see results after two months. Unless it's something else.

Respected Contributor

As a very fair skinning 35 year old, you have serious sun damage!  You MUST start wearing sun screen at all times, even on cloudy days.  Sun damage is not for the light but from the radiation!  I use Paula's Choice vitamin C serum in the regular version and the 25% version for spot treating the darker spots.  

Funny enough, sun damage on my body goes white, where on my face it is darker spots my mother and grandmother call pides, which grow with age and exposure.  They get them on their body where I get the white spots from sun burns.  They are all dark with Creek Native American heritage, but I'm the only fair skinned one on both sides of the family.  I also have blond hair that goes white when I was younger and now dishwater if I didn't color it or white when in the sun during the summer.  We are a farming family, so there is tons of sun exposure.  Wear long sleeves of cotton, light weight cotton pants/skirts (skirts are great in the summer), and sun screen on your hands, neck, face, ears, everywhere.  We all reapply during breaks.  My great grandmother, who was a sharecropper, died of skin cancer that literally ate a hole in her forehead and the nose off her face.  We took care of her at home, so it really has an impact when you see the seriousness of it at an early age. 

Take care of your skin.  You can start with Pond's fading cream or the fading creams in the ethnic section, but becareful as they really are like acid.  If you have sensitive skin, you would need to go with path of vitamin C instead and sunscreen.  Check out Korean skin care and makeup.  I am loving my MisshaUsa dot com BB cushion foundation with 50 SPF and IT Cosemetics powder founation to use as my setting powder.  I get great coverage and sun protection!

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Lotions and creams aren't going to do anything for hyperpigmentation.  You need a good vitamin C serum for ongoing use and a spot treatment product with the ingredient "haloxyl".  There are many favorite vitamin c serums among the members here.  Mine is Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum - find it on the Pure Formulations website (free shipping).  Also check out Skinn Hylighten for spot treatment.  It's on the Evine website or even eBay.

Given your age, I would avoid Tretinoin/Retin-A as it is not recommended for use during pregnancy, just in case.

Just to clarify Skinn Hylighten is for undereye dark circles, Skinn Bright Side is for correcting dark spots on the skin.