Honored Contributor

Re: Tips on skipping shampoos other than using dry shampoo?

I rinse my hair while showering and it never feels yucky. I usually only cleanse it every 3rd day.  Using cool water for a quick rinse won't affect the color.

Valued Contributor

I just use regular conditioner instead of shampoo, and my 28 day color lasts much longer.  Regular shampoo was too drying on my hair.

Super Contributor

When Dimitri was on Evine selling his shampoo he made a point of first rinsing more than you think you need before you shampoo.  Although I haven't used his product yet, it does seem that spending extra time first rinsing the hair along with using water that is not too warm helps to give me an extra day or 2 no matter what shampoo I use.   I've used dry shampoo for some time, but find it to be less effective now no matter what brand I use.

Respected Contributor

I know Salon Graphix had a dry shampoo without starch or clay. and it was 100%  powder free  but I can not find it anyplace any longer.

Esteemed Contributor

I just have a question. 

"Why would anyone have to or want to wash their hair every singe day"?

I have never heard of any need to strip the oils from my hair, even when I was a teen.  I have worn my hair very short, medium length...and know down to past my shoulders, tying it back and up with a soft ribbon for over 7 days. Brushing every night to maintain.

My hair stays away from gooey hairsprays and if I may say so looks really cute. I have a few side wisps of slight bangs to the left side  which makes my look very sophisticated.

I have very thick healthy shiny locks, BUT my hair is not OILY, so that may be 'my' answer to my own question?

I do know that NCBandwagon knows a lot about hair products, manly NickChavez', so I certainly would go with her recommendations.

Just curious, unless there is a medical reason. 

I have done this, which was mentioned- while being years ago, with having an 8 day cold...I placed a small amount of baby powder and worked it through while bending over taking it from the crown to the front and rubbed it into he roots and brushed through. 

Really! I have not heard of anyone washing their hair every day, other than someone who is perspiring from work outs...I think of men dong that....?????No clue.

Esteemed Contributor

I just have a question. 

I have never heard of any need to strip the oils from my hair, even when I was a teen.  I have worn my hair very short, medium length...and know down to past my shoulders, tying it back and up with a soft ribbon for over 7 days. Brushing every night to maintain.

My hair stays away from gooey hairsprays and if I may say so looks really cute. I have a few side wisps of slight bangs to the left side  which makes my look very sophisticated.

I have very thick healthy shiny locks, BUT my hair is not OILY, so that may be 'my' answer to my own question?

I do know that NCBandwagon knows a lot about hair products, manly NickChavez', so I certainly would go with her recommendations.

Just curious, unless there is a medical reason. 

I have done this, which was mentioned- while being years ago, with having an 8 day cold...I placed a small amount of baby powder and worked it through while bending over taking it from the crown to the front and rubbed it into he roots and brushed through. 

Really! I have not heard of anyone washing their hair every day, other than someone who is perspiring from work outs...I think of men doing that....?????No clue.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

My hair always looks its best on that second day when I don't wash it. Woman Happy

Mine, too - and even the 3rd day.  8)

I've read that it's because my slippery baby-fine hair absorbs stuff from indoor/outdoor environments, and that gives the strands more volume. 

Honored Contributor

Sebastian makes a "dry" shampoo that is actually liquid.  It is called DRY CLEAN.  I love it.  You shake the bottle.  Spray on roots a little bit.  Massage in, then work through, brush, repeat if you need to.  I love this product.  Amazing.  Great to use after surgery, when you can't shmpoo.  Most of all it is great to freshen up hair.    It makes it look thicker too.

This one makes the hair clean, not sticky or glumpy.

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

What about using dry shampoo at night before bed. Then you might not have to use as much, as it will absorb oil through the night, rather than applying a bunch in the morning. 

@FUTURE This is actually the recommended way of using a dry shampoo spray.  It makes sense that it would have more of an impact on the oil than trying to combat a build up in the morning.  Ahh, one more thing to add ot the PM beauty routine, if I could only remember to do it.  

Valued Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

I just have a question. 

Many people, myself included, who exercise every day and therefore sweat every day, choose to wash our hair daily. Simple as that.