Frequent Contributor

I scheduled an appointment for a chemical Peel with an Esthetician. She is in the same office as my Dermatologist. My question is do I tip her? I've never been to one before so I'm not sure what to do.

Thank You!

Honored Contributor

Re: Tipping Question

[ Edited ]

@Squirt60 Did the derm MD recommend the appointment?  Is it covered by insurance?  Or is this an elective procedure that you are paying for out of pocket.  For me, this would make a difference re tipping. If it is located in the derms office, he is probably getting a percentage of the fee. In this case, I would not tip.   Good luck with your peel!

Respected Contributor

She is an employee of the derm so I don't think that a tip is necessary. You could call the derm's office and ask if a tip is a routine part of the treatment.

Honored Contributor
I don’t think in this scenario that tipping is the norm. However, I agree that calling the office is a good idea.
Honored Contributor

My laser tech works for a medical dermatology clinic. I have never tipped anyone there.

Honored Contributor

Nope.  Not at a derm's office. 

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for your replies. My Dermatologist did not request that I have the peel and it is not covered by my Insurance. It is just something I decided to do on my own. 

Have a a great Sunday everyone. 

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:
I don’t think in this scenario that tipping is the norm. However, I agree that calling the office is a good idea.

@Squirt60  And let us know what they say.

Honored Contributor

An Esthetician is not a medical professional.  Most just have a hair dressers license.  She would be the employee of the Derm.

i would offer her a tip.  She can decide to accept or not.  You could also check at the front desk to see if tipping is appropriate.