Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,055
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Tiny white flakes on my face --- what to do???


@Kabella wrote:

@AngelPuppy1What you are using for a face wash could be part of the problem with those dry flakes this time of year. Just a few suggestions you might want to take into consideration. After you cleanse use a natural toner like Heritage Rose Water which is very calming & hydrating. A excellent super light exfoliation is Tatcha's Rice Polish for dry or sensitive skin. You might also consider a hydrating Essence, I use Tatcha & it lasts a long time so imo some products are worth the price. I stopped using wash cloths & makeup wipes. I do a double cleanse when I wear makeup with a cleansing oil & a lighter facewash. Also when you skin is back to normal, you might want to consider using argan, Marula, or Rosehip Oil to seal in your moisturizer at night. Good Luck!


@Kabella

 

I use gentle cleansing wipes for makeup remover, rinse and then apply a cream type cleanser and rinse.  I don't use toners or anything.  Makes my face get too red.  I will look into your suggetions.  And I thank you! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,588
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Tiny white flakes on my face --- what to do???


@twinkies wrote:

 put  apple cider vinegar in a small  bottle. After you cleanse your face .Put some on a cotton ball and use as a toner all over your face . Do not get into eyes [after all it is vinegar . This is natural [I know it doesn't smell great]and it gently exfoliates and makes your skin very smooth . I understand Scarlett Johansen [who has a beautiful complexion ] uses it every nite , Give it a try , I like using it.

cathy from ma


 

I am going to try this. Vinegar is the fifth ingredient out of twelve in the expensive acid toner I use now. The acids are listed after the vinegar.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,417
Registered: ‎10-04-2015

Re: Tiny white flakes on my face --- what to do???

Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula

 

 

Sloughs away roughness, flakiness to refine skin. Helps lessen the appearance of fine lines. Clears the way for moisture. Suitable for all skin types.

 

HOW TO USE: On a makeup-free face, massage with finger-tips for 10-15 seconds. Avoid immediate eye area. Can be used on lips. Rinse or tissue off with warm water and gently pat skin dry.

 

100% Fragrance Free. Dermatologist Developed. Paraben Free. Phthalate Free. Sulfate Free. SLS Free. Talc Free. Silicone Free. Mineral Oil Free. Alcohol Free. Gluten Free. 100% Vegan Ingredients.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,704
Registered: ‎08-22-2013

Re: Tiny white flakes on my face --- what to do???

@AngelPuppy1  I have not read all the posts so I don't know if someone already mentioned this. The new Campanelli face wash clothes are fabulous for gentle exfoliation. I'm 68 and have been using the wash cloth for a few months and my skin is as smooth as silk and I'm 68 years old. I have the Clairsonic and have used all kinds of exfoliation products and the cloths work the best for me. I would try the cloths and just continue with the moisturizer you already use.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,436
Registered: ‎07-21-2011

Re: Tiny white flakes on my face --- what to do???

@AngelPuppy1  I have sensitive skin but I don't know if your skin is more sensitive than mine.  I use alba Botanica face exfoliator the Hawaiian one.  It is very light exfoliation and you lightly move around your face.  First wet face then apply product and move in circular motion then rinse off.  If you can tolerate that then get a sponge that is a little rough; wet and do circular motion on your face.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,055
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Tiny white flakes on my face --- what to do???


@Fressa wrote:

I have super sensitive skin and I've had those little "flakes". Here's what worked for me:

Clarisonic with the "brillance" brush head (it's the softess )

Once or twice a week I use a mild scrub. I like Dr.Denese exfoliating night time scrub but I have also used Philsophy fascial scrub. Philosophy also makes a daily micro scrub that I used a few times a week.  All work well on sensitive skin. I prefer the Dr. Denese because I have other skin issues and it works the best for my needs. 

 

You might consider changing your moisturizer. Do you use it day and night? A serum might produce better results for you skin. It absorbs quickly and gets down into the skin surface faster. Just something to think about.  I always approach a change to any item that I put on my face one at a time. i want to make sure that I don't react to it and if I do then I know the specific cause.

 

You might also consider changing the type of foundation you are using. There are many of the "all in one multi taskers" on the market. That works well for me because if I layer products, then I get break outs, etc. I've had good luck with Dr Denese Day cream, Laura Geller Balance & Brighton and Bobbi Brown foundation stick. Any of those work for me.

 

Hoep this gives you some choices.


@Fressa

 

It's definitely smart to make one change at a time!  I do at times use B&B.  I might have to go back to that and see if it helps!  I have rosacea so I have to be even more careful of what I put on and I use metrogel so at times this might be a bit drying.  I have used the cream version but don't care for how it feels on my skin.  Thank you for your information!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,055
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Tiny white flakes on my face --- what to do???


@KatCat1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1  I have sensitive skin but I don't know if your skin is more sensitive than mine.  I use alba Botanica face exfoliator the Hawaiian one.  It is very light exfoliation and you lightly move around your face.  First wet face then apply product and move in circular motion then rinse off.  If you can tolerate that then get a sponge that is a little rough; wet and do circular motion on your face.


@KatCat1

 

Thank you.  I will look that product up!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,055
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Tiny white flakes on my face --- what to do???


@blackhole99 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1  I have not read all the posts so I don't know if someone already mentioned this. The new Campanelli face wash clothes are fabulous for gentle exfoliation. I'm 68 and have been using the wash cloth for a few months and my skin is as smooth as silk and I'm 68 years old. I have the Clairsonic and have used all kinds of exfoliation products and the cloths work the best for me. I would try the cloths and just continue with the moisturizer you already use.


@blackhole99

Thank you for your recommendation.  I will look on line for the cloths! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,055
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Re: Tiny white flakes on my face --- what to do???


@morning lover wrote:

Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula

 

 

Sloughs away roughness, flakiness to refine skin. Helps lessen the appearance of fine lines. Clears the way for moisture. Suitable for all skin types.

 

HOW TO USE: On a makeup-free face, massage with finger-tips for 10-15 seconds. Avoid immediate eye area. Can be used on lips. Rinse or tissue off with warm water and gently pat skin dry.

 

100% Fragrance Free. Dermatologist Developed. Paraben Free. Phthalate Free. Sulfate Free. SLS Free. Talc Free. Silicone Free. Mineral Oil Free. Alcohol Free. Gluten Free. 100% Vegan Ingredients.


@morning lover

 

That sounds nice!  Clinique is a line I used to use years ago and did not have any issues with!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin