Respected Contributor

Tinted SPF that won't cause breakouts?

I have to be very careful with SPF, I know I need it but it seems like they always cause breakouts. I know on an upcoming vacation I will need to wear it, looking for suggestions on SPF that won't cause breakouts, would actually love some sort of tinted SPF if you have one you might recommend.

TIA for your time.

New Contributor

Re: Tinted SPF that won't cause breakouts?

I too have the same problem with sunscreen.

I found tht using mineral sunscreens give me less of a problem ; but they do have to be applied more frequentlly and don't seem to stand up to perspiration as well as the chemical ones.

Right now I am using Bare Republic for face witih no tint; although I do think that they make one with a tint..I then apply some light bronzer over the Bare Republic.  I also use Sun Bum with a tint however, the tint is very light (think light medium).

CVS had a coupon at the display for the Bare Republic.Sun bum I ordered from Macy's because I wanted to get some star money.

I did find Amazon to be fairly competitive with the pricing.

Hope his helps.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am using Mad Hippie Sheer Tint Sun Serum SPF 29 now, not very much coverage but I like it, CLEAN Beauty, I got it at Ulta online. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I am using Mad Hippie Skin Serum SPF now, not very much coverage but I like it, CLEAN Beauty, I got it at Ulta online. 

@Shelbelle   Thank you, I'll check out MH  Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

I just corrected the exact name of the sunscreen that I am using, MH has 2 different ones. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandGirl wrote:

I have to be very careful with SPF, I know I need it but it seems like they always cause breakouts. I know on an upcoming vacation I will need to wear it, looking for suggestions on SPF that won't cause breakouts, would actually love some sort of tinted SPF if you have one you might recommend.

TIA for your time.

This is different for each person.  Some people have much more sensitive skin than others.  You have to do a trial and error.  I guess look at the ingredient deck and see what ingredients are in them that could cause you to break out.  If it causes you to break out it doesn't mean it will make me breakout.  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I always thought that for people with sensitive skin, mineral sunscreens were better than chemical.  The sunscreen I use is by Elta MD called "UV Elements Broad-Spectrum spf 44."  This is tinted but its light.  Bought it on Dermstore website but I've seen Elta MD on Amazon too.  Good luck!

Frequent Contributor

Elta MD spf 41 tinted