Honored Contributor

Do you tend to use a tinted moisturizer as your foundation or do you put foundation over it?  I just got BB nude tinted moisturizer and I'm not sure about adding foundation over it.

Super Contributor

I use LG tinted spackle and often go without foundation. It depends if you need more coverage. I am lucky to have a nice complexion,  and use the spackle just to add a little color to my pale face.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky. I've worn BB for 20 yrs. I use the Tinted Moisturizer in summer and Extra Tinted Moisturizer Balm SPF (more moisturizing) in winter. If I see I need a need a little extra coverage around my nose or other red areas, I apply BB foundation stick w/ a brush or fingers.

To me a Tinted Moisturizer is a choice when you don't want to wear foundation, so I wouldn't wear the stick all over during the day.

If going out or want more of a medium to full coverage, I use BB Hydarating Face Cream & the foundation stick on tip...no Tinted Moisturizer. There's no need for both if looking for  more coverage.

Hope that helped and didn't confuse the issue.

Honored Contributor

I love the idea of tinted moisturizer.  Unfortunately, I need a bit more coverage and always searching tor the elusive coverage yet totally natural look/feel.

Respected Contributor

I use Josie's tinted SPF moisturizer as my foundation. 

Respected Contributor

I love Philosophys new Renewed Hope in a Jar Skin Tint. Best tinted moisturizer I have put on my face to date!

Respected Contributor

@Pecky Some Women use a tinted moisturizer as a base then use a light to med. coverage of foundation without spf over it without it looking unatural. Some tinted moisturizers have more coverage & can build upon. I don't use Bobby Brown but BM Complexion Rescue w spf 30. I think it has a bit more coverage than others I have tried depending also how its applied. I don't need much coverage, just enough to even out skin tone. I have a favorite foundation that I wear on evenings out that is light to med. coverage. If you feel you need a bit more coverage than I would take @Shanus advice because she uses BB..

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone for your help.  I don't need much coverage.  I am lucky where I don't need anything heavy.  I also have BM complexion rescue and do like that too.

Honored Contributor

I had used Philosophy's Supernatural in the past and with the new formulation, there were tiny balls of ?silicone on my face when I used it. I switched to foundation -- powder or liquid and this is fine for me with no issues re: incorrect color or coverage. It took a while to find the compatible shades for me -- winter shade vs. summer shade but now it's good because I have found the proper shades for winter or summer use.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Pecky,   I use Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and do NOT place any foundation over it.  I don't need full coverage.  I like light coverage even medium (med. would be fall/winter months only if I used it).  I tried other tinted moisturizers but came back to LM.  Clinique = too heavy, Stila = bad shades.  What really looked interesting was the Korean foundation Sandra Bennett raves about and hosted yesterday night.  I have to add that this dewy look that is in now can look greasy and you are shining from ear to ear.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength