Honored Contributor

Re: Timeless regimen confusion

Thinnest to thickest is a general rule. But even if your retinol and exfoliant are thicker than the serums, I would still apply them first and wait a few minutes for them to be absorbed before applying any other product.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3

Thank you for weighing in, @suzyQ3 Smiley Happy

That was my thought as well.

Respected Contributor

I may be wrong but I use the vitamin C serum without the E.  It says that you don't use the C serum with E if you have oily skin. 

Respected Contributor

@chiclet

I know they don't recommend using the one with vitamin E for oily skin but I haven't found this to be an issue.  The serum is not oily in the least and it hasn't caused me any problems.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse. Sounds like way too many products and too many steps to keep up the regimen.

Tried and true no matter what brand:

Day and Night. Cleanser (mild...no acids or retinols, etc.)

Day: add serum w/ Vit. C

Toner not needed (just extra step)

Moisturizer & eye cream

SPF at least 40 every day

Night: After Cleanser to remove makeup & eye makeup

Alternate Nights Retin A (RX strength) w/ moisturizer

Eye cream

Easy steps.

Respected Contributor

Hi @Shanus Smiley Happy

I don't use a toner (never have) and this regimen is really only adding one more step to my evening routine, which isn't too bad.  My morning routine will stay the same because I'm already using the Vitamin C serum and will be substituting the CoQ10 serum for the Olay serum I've almost used up. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse. Not quite sure what that extra daytime serum is for. What does it do or have in it?

Respected Contributor

@Shanus

Check out the description on timelessha dot com

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse Went to site & read about that serum. One thing it said that is that it's an alternative to retinol. IMO, it's an unnecessary extra product if you're already using a day serum & Retinol at night. The site says to use it morning and night. Sounds like they just want to sell an extra product. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus

I plan on alternating the products until I phase out the retinol I've been using and then just use their serums.  It's kind of a trial thing for me.  If I see a marked difference (for the better) I'll continue using them.  If not, I'll go back to my retinol.  I was on Retin A years ago and found it too irritating but if I don't get results with any of these products, I may have to see a derm and revisit Retin A.  Thanks for your input. Smiley Happy