Respected Contributor

Timeless regimen confusion

[ Edited ]

I'm hoping you knowledgeable beauties can clear this up for me.  I was wanting to take advantage of the sale that Timeless is having and was perusing their products but I became confused so I wrote to their customer service. (By the way, they are prompt in answering questions so props to their customer service people.)  I mentioned that I have oily/combo skin and that I alternate using retinol one night and salicylic acid the next. The following is what I got:

Morning--

1. Cleanse skin 
2. Tone skin 
3. Apply 1 to 2 drops of our 20% Vitamin C + E Ferulic Acid  using your finger tips in a circular motion apply all over face, neck, upper chest and back of your hands.
4. Apply 1 to 2 drops of our Vitamin B5 Hydration Serum using your finger tips in a circular motion apply all over face, neck, upper chest and back of your hands. 

5. Apply a moisturizer with SPF all over your face, neck, chest and back of your hands. 

Night--
1. Cleanse Skin
2. Tone skin
3. Apply 1 to 2 drops of our Coenzyme Q10 Serum as using your finger tips in a circular motion apply all over face, neck, upper chest and back of your hands.
4. Apply 1 to 2 drops of our  Vitamin B5 Hydration Serum using your finger tips in a circular motion apply all over face, neck, upper chest and back of your hands. 
5. Apply Retinol or Salicylic Acid.
6. Apply a moisturizer all over your face, neck, chest and back of your hands. 

I'm confused because she is suggesting I use my retinol or salicylic acid AFTER the other serums. I thought the serums were the first thing one uses after cleansing and toning.

Thoughts? 
Honored Contributor

Re: Timeless regimen confusion

@Texasmouse wrote:

I'm hoping you knowledgeable beauties can clear this up for me.  I was wanting to take advantage of the sale that Timeless is having and was perusing their products but I became confused so I wrote to their customer service. (By the way, they are prompt in answering questions so props to their customer service people.)  I mentioned that I have oily/combo skin and that I alternate using retinol one night and salicylic acid the next. The following is what I got:

Morning--

1. Cleanse skin 
2. Tone skin 
3. Apply 1 to 2 drops of our 20% Vitamin C + E Ferulic Acid  using your finger tips in a circular motion apply all over face, neck, upper chest and back of your hands.
4. Apply 1 to 2 drops of our Vitamin B5 Hydration Serum using your finger tips in a circular motion apply all over face, neck, upper chest and back of your hands. 

5. Apply a moisturizer with SPF all over your face, neck, chest and back of your hands. 

Night--
1. Cleanse Skin
2. Tone skin
3. Apply 1 to 2 drops of our Coenzyme Q10 Serum as using your finger tips in a circular motion apply all over face, neck, upper chest and back of your hands.
4. Apply 1 to 2 drops of our  Vitamin B5 Hydration Serum using your finger tips in a circular motion apply all over face, neck, upper chest and back of your hands. 
5. Apply Retinol or Salicylic Acid.
6. Apply a moisturizer all over your face, neck, chest and back of your hands. 

I'm confused because she is suggesting I use my retinol or salicylic acid AFTER the other serums. I thought the serums were the first thing one uses after cleansing and toning.

Thoughts? 

@Texasmouse  The instructions you received do have you applying serums after cleasning and toning.  I'm assuming you are confused about the actual order of application?  It's possible that the CoEnzym Q10 and Vitamin B Hydration serums are a thinner consistency than the Retinol and Salicylic Acid products and the rep was following the thinnest to thickest recommendation.  If they are all the same thickness, maybe she suggested using the CoEnzyme and Vitamin B Hydration first as a way to somewhat buffer your skin to lessen the possibility of irritation from the Retinol and/or Salicylic Acid serums.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch

Thanks. I have been applying the salicylic acid and retinol on clean, dry skin and have not had any irritation from either.  Given that, would you still apply the serums in the order she's given? (The salicylic acid has the consistency of water but the retinol is a thin cream/lotion.)

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

Thanks. I have been applying the salicylic acid and retinol on clean, dry skin and have not had any irritation from either.  Given that, would you still apply the serums in the order she's given? (The salicylic acid has the consistency of water but the retinol is a thin cream/lotion.)

@Texasmouse  I think you'd probably be fine doing them the way you prefer, unless you discover an obvious consistency difference between all of them.  If that's the case, I'd go thin to thick.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, @JeanLouiseFinch Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

TexasMouse: I use the Timeless Vit C serum and the CoQ10 serum too. I apply both serums these in the morning; vit c first then coq10 second then my moisturizer. In the evening I use The Ordinary Adv Retinoid 2% serum first and then apply the CoQ10 serum and finally moisturizer if needed. My skin is combo right now. I use more than 1 to 2 drops too. HTH.

Valued Contributor

HI @Texasmouse

I use the Timeless Matrixl Synte  6 and that serum is 'super thin' thats why I like them with my oily/combo skin . As Jean Louise mentioned  probably they recommend thinnest to thickest . I have sensitive skin and tried Retinol years ago , but I just can't use it . They do recommend as was said to put on a moisturizer or serum to buffer  first to buffer then retinol .Enjoy the products you purchase .i don't know why the original post was deleted only the sale was mentioned no actual codes or even the website .  I have sensitive acne prone combination skin and really like the Timeless products hope you do too.

Respected Contributor

Thank you @MissMaggieMoo and @marmarbrooklyn!

I'm trying to decide which products to purchase.  I'm also wondering what the difference is between their matrixyl 3000 and the matrixyl synthe'6.  Anyone know about those? TIA 

Valued Contributor

Hi @texasmouse 

I have only used the synte 6 ,so I can't speak of the other one , I follow a YouTuber : The Free Range DIva ( women over 50 ) and after her review of Timeless I chose the Synthe 6 . She has a few reviews on TImeless as well as Asterwood too have a great day 

Respected Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn

You too! Smiley Happy