Honored Contributor

Re: Time for new hair care.... Need great recommendations from my fellow q friends

I have been using plain ole PERT shampoo and light conditioner from the grocery store ever since it came out. I love that it is all in one step - inexpensive from the grocery store and my hair is healthy and shiny. I prefer to wash my hair every day and this product is gentle enough so I can.

Contributor

Re: Time for new hair care.... Need great recommendations from my fellow q friends

Yes I have. I love the company as you don't need to buy much to get free shipping.

I bought two cute baby kits for my new grandniece.

The shipping is super fast and comes UPS if I remember right.

Honored Contributor

When I was at Ulta on Sunday, the woman in the salon said that she loved and used "Living Proof". I love my Wen but I like to use other shampoo sometimes too.

I'm going to try it and also bought Redken serum for heat since I use a flat iron sometimes.

I thought the "Living Proof" was a little high but the lady said that you just need a small amount.

Honored Contributor

I'm actually looking for styling products for my hair. I have many that you use on wet hair but only 1 for dry hair to give it a lift the next day. Does anyone have any products they can recommend?

Valued Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

When I was at Ulta on Sunday, the woman in the salon said that she loved and used "Living Proof". I love my Wen but I like to use other shampoo sometimes too.

I'm going to try it and also bought Redken serum for heat since I use a flat iron sometimes.

I thought the "Living Proof" was a little high but the lady said that you just need a small amount.

Not to say this will happen to you but it was awful for my hair. Made it brittle and very dry, LP is full of alcohols.  Also had tons of fall out from it. I'm a WEN  only person now but something that really worked for my hair before WEN was Philosophy's Shear Splendor and the conditioner smells delicious! Redken also has a lot of good options. ULTA has sales for Redken and you can sometimes get 33oz for around $15.

Honored Contributor

@segrl21 wrote:

Not to say this will happen to you but it was awful for my hair. Made it brittle and very dry, LP is full of alcohols.  Also had tons of fall out from it. I'm a WEN  only person now but something that really worked for my hair before WEN was Philosophy's Shear Splendor and the conditioner smells delicious! Redken also has a lot of good options. ULTA has sales for Redken and you can sometimes get 33oz for around $15.

oh my gosh @segrl21 I LOVED shear splendor years ago! It was really amazing and one of my favorite hair products ever. Then it was discontinued and I heard they brought it back awhile ago but I have no idea if it is the same formula as it used to be (doubt it since they are owned by someone else now). I don't buy Philosophy products anymore though so even if were the same I wouldn't buy it. Did you try it at all when they brought it back? There was a deep conditioner shear splendor too and that was the bomb. I liked it almost as much as the original Ojon restorative treatment.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I'm actually looking for styling products for my hair. I have many that you use on wet hair but only 1 for dry hair to give it a lift the next day. Does anyone have any products they can recommend?

Hello, @Jordan2. Smiley Happy

Nick Chavez makes Flocker for wet and dry hair. I'll post the link for it below.

Nick Chavez Dry Volumizing Flocker, 8 oz. Item # A151840 | $22

Nick Chavez Dry Volumizing Flocker Duo Item # A106204 | $35

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Nick Chavez makes Flocker for wet and dry hair. I'll post the link for it below.

@NC Bandwagon wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@NC Bandwagon, thanks for the recommendation, I have actually tried the Flocker in the past. Right now I have Nick's Angel Wings Paste, but was looking for something else to add to my arsenal for perking up my next day hair!

Valued Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@segrl21 wrote:

oh my gosh @segrl21 I LOVED shear splendor years ago! It was really amazing and one of my favorite hair products ever. Then it was discontinued and I heard they brought it back awhile ago but I have no idea if it is the same formula as it used to be (doubt it since they are owned by someone else now). I don't buy Philosophy products anymore though so even if were the same I wouldn't buy it. Did you try it at all when they brought it back? There was a deep conditioner shear splendor too and that was the bomb. I liked it almost as much as the original Ojon restorative treatment.

No I haven't tried it yet but the reviews seem to be good. I've thought about ordering to see if its the same formula. It almost performs just as well on my hair as WEN and would go back to it if I had to give it up. Surprised QVC doesn't promote it more because it really it a great sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. 

Honored Contributor

I have wavy color treated hair.  I can't use just one line.  I wash my hair every day, and have to switch every couple of days. My hair looks better when I switch products.  

I have about six shampoos and conditioners in theire at the moment.   I use John Frieda's Sheer Blonde line, his Frizz Ease Line, his Volume line.  Two "purple" shampoos to brighten the blonde.  Thicker Fuller Hair shampoo, conditioner..  A few things from the Tresemme line.  One or two Loreal products.  

Then ... there are the styling product ... another long list of products.  And - several different hair sprays.