Honored Contributor

Re: Time for a shampoo change

FYI - Ulta is having a sale on their jumbo (liter) bottles of shampoo and conditioners.  Lots to choose from.  

Honored Contributor

@dlion  If I were you (and maybe to save money from trying lots of brands) maybe you should ask your hairdresser what kind she thinks would work best with your hair?

I've tried Wen over and over and I finally gave up.  It just makes my hair look bad.  I know it works great for some, just not mine.

My friend loves it when I buy it because I give her these huge containers of it.  I was in my shower the other day and looked up and I STILL have a couple of bottles of Wen.

I don't even know what the name of the one I use.  I get it from my hairdresser's store.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dlion  I like the Acure shampoos.  I own Volume, Clarifying and my favorite Mega Moisture.  iherb.com sells at a discount (under $10); Target or their own website.  No sulfates or any of the bad stuff.  The EWG rated the volume shampoo in their top 15 shampoos.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I rotate my shampoo, anything on sale at Walmart.  I have never had a problem and the rotation seems to perk up my hair and the price point saves my "pocketbook."

Valued Contributor

Love-Beauty-Planet.... I like the coconut and mimosa.  I also like the Maui S/C.

No thought is worth thinking.....
Valued Contributor

I switched to a pine tar soap...use as an all-over body wash as well as shamoo. 

Honored Contributor

I use OGX Organix line found in drug stores with NO sulfates. Comes in a variety of scents and formulas. Some I like more than others. Even if you  don't recognize the name, you probably seen the shape on the shelves.

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 7.44.55 AM.png

Esteemed Contributor

I'm one of those people who switches up shampoos.  That said I agree with @Yahooey  about OGX as being a good brand and also inexpensive.  I also use Nick Chavez Mesquite shampoo and recently tried his Diva (fabulous results).  I get my hair dne at an Aveda salon, so those products are used on me at the salon and I have Brilliant products (including the shampoo) at home.  Unless your hair tends to be dry and coarse Brilliant may not be a good choice in the Aveda family. 

Contributor

Hi try Verb Ghost, it's good for color treated hair, as well as a daily shampoo and conditioner since it is so light.  All their shampoos, conditioners, styling products are all $16 each.  They also carry travel sizes.  It's a nice line.

Occasional Contributor

I have very short hair, a buzz cut. My hair is fairly thick and normal. Thank you for asking for additional info. Smiley Happy