Honored Contributor

Re: Tightline mascara rave!!!!

I love it too, and use it as a stand alone mascara.

Honored Contributor

On 5/22/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 5/22/2014 KatCat1 said:

a less expensive alternative is Lash Discovery by Maybelline.

It's an alternative, but I don't think it's a dupe. The brush on the Maybelline is smaller than standard brushes, but I wasn't able to get it as close as the even smaller Tightline brush. It got the smaller lashes on the ends more easily, but didn't get down to the roots the same way that Tightline does. If it weren't for the flakes, I'd definitely love it.

The Lash Discovery brush is also much, much thinner than normal. I have no problems getting to the roots ever. Everyone is different. Never had any flakes either.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Thanks, Londoner, I'll give the Avon one a try too. I plan to order some lipsticks from them soon, so I'll try the mascara.
"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

I also love this mascara... I don't know that it is the formula itself - or the brush. Love the brush! I wish a Maybellene would or LO'Real (sp?) would make a mascara with that little brush.

Valued Contributor

I purchased the last IT TSV and it had a tube of the Tightline Waterproof mascara in it. I loved the application, but also had the flaking issue. So, I tried just using the Tightline on my lower lashes and that worked a bit better for me. However, when somebody here suggested the Maybelline Lash Discovery I tried it and never had flaking again.

Another issue--has anybody felt that the Tightline if a very tiny amount for the money? Even my DH commented about that. It seems weird that the container it comes in is exactly the opposite shape of other mascaras. By that I mean that the big end of the tube is at the top and the small end of the tube is at the bottom.

Respected Contributor

On 5/22/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

a less expensive alternative is Lash Discovery by Maybelline.

It's an alternative, but I don't think it's a dupe. The brush on the Maybelline is smaller than standard brushes, but I wasn't able to get it as close as the even smaller Tightline brush. It got the smaller lashes on the ends more easily, but didn't get down to the roots the same way that Tightline does. If it weren't for the flakes, I'd definitely love it.

The Lash Discovery brush is also much, much thinner than normal. I have no problems getting to the roots ever. Everyone is different. Never had any flakes either.

absolutely!! i have been using Lash Discovery for years just because of the tiny brush.You can do the exact same effect and a whole lot cheaper. In fact Robert Jones MUA uses Lash Discovery in a lot of his videos!!