Super Contributor
I got my tightline mascara from It cosmetics..and was really sceptical of all the hype. ..well.... I have been hiking and zip lining all day long!!! Went to the bathroom afyer we were done..my face was red and sweaty. .but..my t hightline stayed in place!!!!.no smudge no running down my face or raccoon eyes!! Iam in love with this!!!!!! Bren
Trusted Contributor

Re: Tightline mascara rave!!!!

Zip Lining? You are BRAVE!

I have not tried her mascara, but after your good review I just might!

I love to hike & just joined a gym so I know understand the sweating part. I have to wear a headband I sweat so much on the escalator stair climber

Super Contributor

Iam starting my Bucket list!!# In June iam going white water rafting! Bren
Super Contributor

I just don't wear any make up for sweAty activities --
Honored Contributor

a less expensive alternative is Lash Discovery by Maybelline.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Did you get the regular or the waterproof? I got the waterproof and found that I don't get smudges, a common problem for me, but that I do get a lot of flakes and black specks coming off. They get on my glasses, too. I suppose I can live with them more easily than the smudges, but I really don't like them and may not repurchase because of them.

Honored Contributor

On 5/22/2014 KatCat1 said:

a less expensive alternative is Lash Discovery by Maybelline.

It's an alternative, but I don't think it's a dupe. The brush on the Maybelline is smaller than standard brushes, but I wasn't able to get it as close as the even smaller Tightline brush. It got the smaller lashes on the ends more easily, but didn't get down to the roots the same way that Tightline does. If it weren't for the flakes, I'd definitely love it.

Super Contributor

I really loved the look and ease of Tightline mascara, but it flaked into my eyes and irritated them. I have contacts, but IT Tightline is the only mascara that caused me such itching eyes. Bummer, because it looked so great. Glad others are loving it!

Respected Contributor

Has anyone tried Tightline that curls their eyelashes? I'm curious if this mascara will hold the curl. Most high-end mascaras do not, so I keep going back to good, reliable Maybelline. I have this in my Wish List for a future purchase, so I'm hoping it will work for those who curl their eyelashes.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Occasional Contributor

Hi - I always curl my eyelashes, and have tried Tightline and it does hold the curl - however, I found the tightline irritated my eyes and flaked off. I have gone back to my tried and true (been using for 20+ years) Avon Wash off Waterproof Mascara - for me this is the absolute best, has a great brush, never flakes and comes off easily. Have never found another brush to match it and I always order 6 when on sale (usually for no more than $5 each!!)