Honored Contributor

Threw two practically new clarisonics in the trash today.

I had stopped using them for a couple years, and just unplugged them and put them away with the bases.  I thought I woukd recharge them and start using them again....one on each bathroom. Charged them for 48 hours.....neither of them work....pushed the buttons bla bla bla.....no lights no sound. DEAD.  I guess they are each about 4 years old and barely used when I had them charged. I am a bit surprised that the batteries die so soon....the warrantee is only good for two years...now I see why. 

I have a fortuna

Honored Contributor

Re: Threw two practically new clarisonics in the trash today.

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I had stopped using them for a couple years, and just unplugged them and put them away with the bases.  I thought I woukd recharge them and start using them again....one on each bathroom. Charged them for 48 hours.....neither of them work....pushed the buttons bla bla bla.....no lights no sound. DEAD.  I guess they are each about 4 years old and barely used when I had them charged. I am a bit surprised that the batteries die so soon....the warrantee is only good for two years...now I see why. 

I have a foreo Luna so no big deal I guess.   I had to reply to my post to fix an error with this website not working.....getting tired of it!

Honored Contributor

I think all batteries have to be charged periodically to keep them alive.  I have an expensive battery in my mobility scooter and learned that lesson the hard way.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yep, if you leave them dead for too long, they won't be able to recharge. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Just like a vehicle, you have go start the engine often (if not in use) especially when it's cold.

Ive owned a clarisonic for 10+ years, an stopped using it because it started irritating my skin even with using the gentlest of brushes.  I bought a Foreo Mini Luna and like it very much...compact, it's been 3 mos. and I haven't charged it yet...does a nice job of cleansing,ml eaves skin smooth. Npurchased on Amazon thru Foreo for $99.  HSN also sells it.v

Respected Contributor

one more thing about Foreo Mini Luna, it's waterproof also.

Esteemed Contributor

The exact same thing happened to me last week ... I had two & was only using one ... I went to charge the other one & it was not charged after 24 hours .... I threw it in the garbage!!!!! .... they should mention this when they are on air so people will know that they have to be charged on a regular basis!!!!! 

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Wow, all that money!  So very sorry!

Trusted Contributor

Glad I saw this thread.  Had no idea that they needed to be "hooked up" periodically.  And, YES, this should be mentioned during the presentations!