Honored Contributor

Re: Three Hours of IT cosmetics

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

I was told by a makeup artist that she sold her company for 2 or 5 billion dollars a few months ago. I forgot who bought it. Maybe L'Oreal?

1.2 billion and yes to L'oreal

Trusted Contributor

Read somewhere that Jamie is hung up on wearing the same things that she had on when she first began selling here successfully - hence why the same dress, same hair style, same jewelry (some - think earrings were mentioned where I read this)  She's very superstitous.

Think a 3 hour show is a bit much for IT Cosmetics but who knows.  I'm not an IT user.

I think it is typically about a year that the original creator stays on as the "face" of the brand (after a sale) to keep some continuity.  Not sure how long ago she sold but am guessing it isn't quite near the 1 year point yet.

Will be interesting to see what occurs with the products now that Jamie is no longer the decision-maker.  She sure set herself up for life so kudos to her!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

New Contributor

Why would QVC have It Cosmetics on all the time? Looks fishy to me.

Honored Contributor

It doesn't really seem to matter what they're selling; if it's presented on the Q people will buy it.

This weekend's Copper Chef disatrous demonstrations didn't stop nearly 90 thousand sales!

If they give their vendors equal time they will still sell well. I believe there's more involved with the decision making process (who/what to highlight) than simple sales.

Honored Contributor

I like the foundations, and I love the CC cream. That's about IT for IT, LOL!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

There is quite likely a good deal more involved in deciding who gets what air-time.  I would guess the profit share that QVC makes from different vendors feeds into it - they cut better deals with some brands than with others so additional air-time for those vendors would equate to more dollars for QVC beyond just the quantity of sales.

Everything QVC does is driven by $$$$ which I guess is typical for many corporations.  As much as we would like to think they make certain decisions for the benefit of their customers, I personally doubt that is ever the primary driving force.  Just my 2 cents. as they say.

Valued Contributor

I read 1 billion but who's splitting hairs.

Honored Contributor

@Wackers3

Exactly.

It would not surprise me if vendor contracts were written to the detriment of competing vendors regarding time allotment, etc..

Companies that sell well have the upper hand when it comes time to renew; they probably require some 'incentive' not to go elsewhere....

Super Contributor

I love their brushes (I've been using them with Bare Minerals, both Original foundation and shadows and Ready shadows,luminizers, and blushes for several years now), and I just started using a couple of shadow palettes, I'm pretty happy with those, too.

Trusted Contributor

I am very happy for Jamie!  She seems very hard working and smart.

Selling her company for over a billion dollars is a huge accomplishment and what a testimonial to her capabilities and hard work!! Good job Jamie!! Smiley Happy