Respected Contributor

Re: Threading question (eyebrows)

i get my brows threaded and it takes about 2 minutes tops to do both.  it doesn't hurt at all, but there is a slight pinch.  it takes about two months for mine to grow back in.

one thing to keep in mind.....after you hit a certain age it is not good to wax because it pulls the skin which isn't good for it.  that's why threading is ideal and it only costs $10 without tip.

Honored Contributor

i prefer waxing to threading (threading tends to leave bumps on my skin), but my daughter has it done......she goes at least once a month.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I prefer waxing, too. My esthetician occasionally threads some of the baby fine blonde hairs that no one can see but me and my 10x magnifying mirror. I don't think one is less painful than the other but I've been getting waxed for so many years that it doesn't bother me at all...well, I still flinch when I have my upper lip waxed.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Contributor

I get my brows and upper lip threaded about every 6 weeks.  Much faster and less painfull than waxing.  I think it is also a more precise way to shape brows.  Love it!!

Respected Contributor

Well I wish I had done threading today instead of waxing, ugh. I have been plucking my brows trying to let them fill in some. They were looking pretty rough so I had them waxed. I have small red bumps all across the top and some swelling under my arches. Used the same person I have used for years, but this is about the third time this has happened. I remember now why I was plucking myself. And they are not growing in at all like they once did.  

I'm so irritated with getting old and being on meds, lol. This never used to happen, ever. I'm trying threading next time. 

Regular Contributor

I used to wax, but I had a bad reaction once, and she said that happens when you use certain skin products, so I never did it again. I've been threading for years, which I am very happy with.

I go about once a month, or so. Yes, the hair does grow back, I touch up with a tweezer, if needed.

It's quick and easy. It does hurt a little, but I think waxing is worse.