Esteemed Contributor

Thoughts on some setting powders

So I have been researching some brands. Anyone have any thoughts on these two. They are expensive but if it’s good I don’t care too much.

Charlotte Tilbury flawless finish

Givamchy libre the one with the 3 colors

Laura mercier tone up

By terry hydra powder rose
Honored Contributor

Re: Thoughts on some setting powders

@ccassaday wrote:
So I have been researching some brands. Anyone have any thoughts on these two. They are expensive but if it’s good I don’t care too much.

Laura mercier tone up

I have the Charlotte Tilbury in the compact @ccassaday . I apply it with a Bobbi Brown powder brush and it gives a poreless, air brushed finish. I tried others but nothing gives the flawless appearance that this does.🥰💐

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Hourglass Veil translucent setting powder, mostly to set my concealer. It does a good job covering yet doesn't settle into lines. The mini size has lasted several months.

I haven't tried the ones you listed. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

Laura mercier tone up

I have the Charlotte Tilbury in the compact @ccassaday . I apply it with a Bobbi Brown powder brush and it gives a poreless, air brushed finish. I tried others but nothing gives the flawless appearance that this does.🥰💐

That's the one I am leaning towards. I can get the mini size and it will probably last me a long time. Nice way to try it without paying for the big size. I use her setting spray on my brush to blend my cream makeup and love how it looks when I am done. I like how high end brands offer minis because they still lady a long time and can get something different when it runs out if you like trying different things.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday 

I haven't used any of the brands you listed either, so I have no idea what they cost.

I am on AD for IT pressed and pressed bronzer $40 for the duo.

Sets my makeup and minimizes pores.  Very happy with it.

Trusted Contributor

@ccassaday I use the Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Setting and Finishing Powder in #4 (olive skin) and love it. It lasts a really long time too. 

I can't say if it's better than the others you listed, I haven't tried them but am very happy with the Givenchy. 

Trusted Contributor

Not one of the one's you mentioned but I recently bought this from HSN with an included brush for around $40.00 and I love it. It's brightening and blurring. It looks pink in the jar but doesn't look pink on the face. Doll 10 Pink Power Brightening Powder

Doll 10 Pink Power Brightening Powder & Brush

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerHead wrote:

Not one of the one's you mentioned but I recently bought this from HSN with an included brush for around $40.00 and I love it. It's brightening and blurring. It looks pink in the jar but doesn't look pink on the face. Doll 10 Pink Power Brightening Powder

Doll 10 Pink Power Brightening Powder & Brush

That one is Interesting as I have been drawn to trying some pink powder.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Watching videos of that doll 10 pink powder and I might be sold lol. That's a great price with the brush too. Looks like a really soft brush.

Trusted Contributor

@ccassaday 

I really do like it and the brush is also fantastic, although I like to use a smaller brush to kinda pack the powder into my forhead and just the center of my face.  

I too wanted to try a pink powder and most of the others are more expensive so when I saw this presented one day I snatched it up.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz