Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Not sure what set is being offered.  I like some of their products, but also avoid some that contain silicones.  

@Icegoddess 

I have my first permanent since childhood.  My hairdresser told me to avoid any products containing silicone as it would loosen your perm and you would require a perm sooner than it should be.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Not sure what set is being offered.  I like some of their products, but also avoid some that contain silicones.  

@Icegoddess 

I have my first permanent since childhood.  My hairdresser told me to avoid any products containing silicone as it would loosen your perm and you would require a perm sooner than it should be.

@Nonametoday Never heard that.  Really not a problem for me.  Some people take perms well, and others don't. My best friend would get a poodle and a month later you couldn't even tell she had had a perm.  Mine last forever, even before I started avoiding most silicones.  The only reason I need one now is because it has totally grown out of my bangs.  Mine used to tell me not to shampoo for a couple of days after I got mine.  I could get in the shower and wet it down though.  

I follow a somewhat modified Curly Girl method, avoiding silicones, sulfates, and drying alcohols.  The reason for avoiding silicones is that they build up on hair and keep it from absorbing moisture creating dry hair and cotributing to the frizz problem.  Most silicones require a sulfate shampoo to remove from hair.  Sulfates are harsher than other cleansers and I avoid them in an attempt to save my color.  Problem for me is, I also have terribly hard water which also can build up on hair.  So, I clairfy with a sulfate shampoo once a month before I color.