Trusted Contributor

Re: Thoughts on Mary Kay products?

The thing that irritates me about Mary Kay is that they do away with so many good products to bring out 'new' products. For a time, I bought MK from a friend who introduced me to the line. It never failed that when I tried an eyeliner or lipstick that I really liked, they'd do away with it and bring out something new that didn't work for me. After this happened to me with at least 8-10 products, I said forget it to MK.

Oh, when I asked my friend why they do that, she said they have to keep their product line 'fresh'.

Respected Contributor

I am a fan of the MK Satin Hands kit. Works miracles!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

On 2/23/2015 Jacie said:

I am a fan of the MK Satin Hands kit. Works miracles!

I agree with this - love the Satin Hands kit. They also make a great Satin Lips set with a lip scrub and lip balm. Their TimeWise lines are also good. I used the TimeWise oil-free moisturizer for years. I stopped buying when my friend who sold MK moved away, but it looks like now you can order online without having to connect with a representative.

Respected Contributor

Meh...expensive I think..cause my friend used to sell it and her price was 40-50% of retail price depending on how large of order she placed..

I know it has Multi Marketing..where the Mgr gets a cut etc..so that turns me off also.

Super Contributor

Thank you all for your wonderful responses! Your thoughts, personal experiences and links are extremely helpful. I have some samples to try before I order, and I'm very interested as to how they hold up next to some of the more expensive lines I've been using. Smile

Respected Contributor

My Mother is eighty three and she has sold and still sells Mary Kay and has for years and years. I use there cleansing bar which has been discontinued but my DH went on line and bought me twenty bars from different people. I use their Time Wise moisturizer and the makeup remover. The Satin Hands is amazing. I started using the cleansing bar and some of the makeup years ago when I was young before my Mother started selling it and thirty three years later I still use it. I use Argan Milk and Argan oil along with the moisturizer. The prices are comparable to what major lines cost. It is is like any other line of product you will love some items and others you won't care for at all.

Respected Contributor

I've used some of the line and really liked it. But are the products still made/sold in China? And did they do away with the original core products (cleanser, freshener, mask, moisturizer)?

Respected Contributor

I used some of MK's makeup many years ago and it was okay. I don't have anything against the cosmetics, but I read it's equivalent to drugstore quality.

Honored Contributor

I use some MK products.

the eye cream is good. the anti-aging pump eye cream is good. There eye shadows and blushes are good.

I use the cleansing bar daily and love it.

The rest of the products I gave up many years ago.

try it and see what you can use and what you can not use

Contributor

I happily used MK problems for years as a fairly good friend sold it. In 2012 MK quietly reinstated animal testing and I did not want to support that. I explained very gently and kindly to my friend the reason why I was no longer ordering (it took me a long time to do this as I was her client for over 10 years). She was not understanding and made excuses for their policy. It's ok, we all get to believe as we will. Haven't talked with her since. Smiley Sad Very disappointed in Mary Kay.