Frequent Contributor

Hi. I just ordered and have been using her 4 piece line for the first time (hydroshield serum, MD33, dream cream and the microderm). I am on the fence about it. I am 46 and fairly decent skin overall, no major issues. I have been using mostly Philosophy producsts along with Paula's choice. My routine is pretty in depth and I have been happy with my results. So not sure why I decided to try this.

Does anyone else feel like it is very heavy? I don;t mind heavy for night time but when I wake up iit its still very heavy. And I am exfoliating quite often. 

It seems everyone loves these products but still not sure......just looking for opinions. 

Are producst really that much superior? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Thoughts on Dr Denese line

I use her line exclusively except for Cere ve cleanser.  I don't find them to be heavy, but I have dry skin, thanks to two rounds of Accutane in the  80's.

I don't use the micro-dermabrasion but I do use the pads, nightly.

I am 62, and my skin looks pretty good, well at least I think so, ha!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought the MD cream when it first came out and returned it because it was too heavy and didn't absorb.  Same with the neck cream.  They came as a duo. 

I've used the Firming Facial Age Corrector Cream and liked that.  This was not heavy at all and I would recommend. 

Her Dream Cream gets great reviews, but I've never tried it.  Too many other lines to try. 

If you're on the fence about it, you need to return the kit.  You should love it or you'll have buyer's remorse. 

Why don't you try the Algenist Genius Liquid Collagen they are demoing this afternoon and tell us how you like it.   Smiley Happy

The hydroshield absorbs. I used to use it, but have moved on.

I do use her Pro C pads and like they very much.  They get great reviews.

I found her Advanced Facial Firming Pads to leave a sticky residue on my face.  Returned those, too. 

Honored Contributor

I use her tinted moisturizer  (discontinued) and her peptide gel.  The hydroshield I just can't get into.  Its just slick silicone to me and doesn't seem to ad any moisture into my skin.  I guess its supposed to be a barrier to keep moisture in if you can tolerate the feel.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

First I'll say that I really like Dr. Denese and think she's a sweetheart.  My experience with her products is limited, but here you go...

Facial Firming Pads - good and effective, but there are less expensive glycolic pads out in the market.

Hydroshield - wanted to love it, but it felt greasy to me and had too many silicones for my skin.  It made me break out.

MD33 Neck Cream - Loved it and used it for quite awhile.  Then I tried the Gold Bond Neck and Chest Cream from the supermarket and was so impressed that I quit the MD33 and am having better result.

Respected Contributor

I've tried the set you have and others. I have found that the only product of hers I like is the Hydrosheild Serum. I use it on my neck and my chest and it has made a huge difference on my chest. It is hydrated and looks so much better and smoother. I have not found that result on any other part of my body. I think she is a great presenter but her products, not so much. Some, I even disliked.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the opinions. I think I will return it even though I kind of like the serum. I have quitwe a bit of the philosophy derum stockpiled so will stick with that. Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

I love this set. I have dry skin and it is not too heavy for me. I use the MD 33 cream at night an the dream cream under my makeup in the day.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not believe in or buy over-priced over- hyped 'skin care.' My late father was a surgeon and explained that topical products can not alter aging/lines/wrinkles/sagging.I have never seen a review that said' this Dr. Denese prodcut diminished my wrinkles/ tightened my jowls, etc... 

I certainly take care of my skin and use affordable exfoliating products, Argon oil( NOT Josie's -its totally overpriced) and Vitamin A. I have also had a small amount of filler in nose to mouth lines with great results. No lines and it looks completely natural.

Dr. Denese has had a lot of cosmetic surgery. That's fine, but she doesn't look like that because of her products! Save your money!! 

Contributor

I have to agree.....I looked at Dr. Denese and right away, realized she had a LOT of work done.   You cant sell products for aging skin and expect people to buy it, if you yourself has gone to a surgeonSmiley Happy  I use her Facial firming pads, but looking for an alternative that isnt as expensive.  I'm sure it existsSmiley Happy