Respected Contributor

Re: Thoughts Regarding Serious Skin Care Phyto Pumpkin Scrub

Ingredients:

SSC SUPERSIZE/PHYTO PUMPKIN8OZ
Ingredients: Ingredients: Soybean (Glycine Soja) Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Sucrose, Silica, PEG-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Polyethylene, Acetyl Glucosamine, Pumpkin (Cucurbita Pepo) Extract, Pumpkin (Cucurbita Pepo) Seed Oil, Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Oil, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Yellow 6

Yes, it looks pretty "oily".  Where's the scrub?  Is sucrose the only abrasive in it?

BTW, that is a good deal.  Those jars are massive.  

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

I did not care for it, smell was nice, but the texture of it is like syrup, did not like that on my combo to oily skin.

Did it get your face clean?  Or did it feel like your face wasn't clean?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@Desi wrote:

Well, I had loved the jarred version and when they discontinued it I got the tube.  Not the same, different ingredients, very oily feeling even after rinsed.  You could have mine, I hate it but I would buy the original formula again in the jar.

===

I wonder why she made it so oily?  Was it abrasive at all?

Respected Contributor

By the time I finish "analyzing" whether I should get it, the sale will be over. Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lots of oils, but I don't have the old container with the turquoise label to compare.  I wouldn't call any of the 3 incarnations extremely abrasive. My skin is sensitive but most scrubs seem ok, except for Dermapeel (don't get me started, lol). If You are really torn, order it unless your skin is very oily.  I just felt like my skin was left coated after using the tube version, and even after going over my face with Purity.  It's a shame because the original was awesome.  Maybe they fixed this newer tub one, always possible.  

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I did not care for it, smell was nice, but the texture of it is like syrup, did not like that on my combo to oily skin.

Did not feel clean enough for me.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Did not feel clean enough for me.

I felt the same way.  I have dry skin so I have to be careful about scrubs being too harsh but this didn't have enough oomph for me.  I didn't like the consistency and it left my face feeling like it had a film on it.  I almost felt like I needed to use a different scrub to get that filmy feeling off.  

Super Contributor

My 2cents...I have oily skin (t-zone) and I really like this product. Yes, it does leave my skin slightly "coated" (used for lack of a better word) but I just wash with a light face wash (using my fingers only) after using the scrub and I'm good to go.  I apply the scrub rubbing gently then I allow it to sit on my skin for a few minutes before rinsing it off.  The scrub makes my skin feel like glass. I don't experience any breakouts and it's not abrasive. I also like Skinn's Dermappeal which is more abrasive but less oily so I use the one that my skin "needs" at the moment. It is also good for your feet, elbows and knees. hth

P.S. The SSC Gommage is another great face scrub

Occasional Contributor

I LOOOVE the pumpkin scrub!!! I especially love it in these 8.8 oz  tubs.  I really especially love it as a BOGO!!! But, I only use it on my body, too scratchy for my face.  Now, to be transparent, I've been using retinol on my face lately and I know that makes my skin more sensitive.  So, honestly?  I'm inclined to believe that the scrub would otherwise work well on my face too.  But, I'm not using it on my face because it hurts!  But, MY BODY FEELS FABULOUS!!!!  And yes the smell is absolutely WONDERFUL too!!!

Oh!  Want to let you know that I too use the Super Mel C and I find that it's one of my favorite SSC items too.   Also, I found that when I wore the Super Mel C in the daytime (under an SPF) and slept in the Creamerum (repairing & restoring at night) my skin was the best it looked EVER.  And I do mean EVER.  Even better than my teens.  Have used up both and am using up other stuff that I own (boatloads of other stuff), so I haven't replenished, but if you feel so inclined, give those two a try together.  I hope you'll see GREAT results, too.

Super Contributor

I have it and use it, but it leaves an oily film on my skin. I will continue to use it 'til it's gone, but won't purchase again. HTH