Honored Contributor

Re: Thoughts About Chanel Eyeshadows and Blushes

@Lally wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Lally - I love Chanel eyeshadows, eyeliners, nail polish (love the limited denim collection from several yrs ago) and lippies. Excellent quality & beautiful colors.

As others suggested,  call & schedule a makeover & ask for samples

Hey Chi, Happy New Year. Thanks for writing about your Chanel experiences. I had a mini make over done a few days ago. I didnt let them do my eyes because my optometrist forbids after I got an infection from testers. Ugh.  Anyway, I had the shadows swatched on my wrist and had the blushes applied directly to my cheeks. The two counter artists were super nice and talented. This is definitely an impressive brand.  Hope things are good with you. 

@Lally - Happy New Year!  Oh, I understand the issue of using testers, who knows what/who has contaminated the products, brushes etc. Yuck and scary!

I think this is a great brand and used some of the Chanel skin care in the past, but I no longer buy skin care from department stores due to high pricing/inferior ingredients. But I do still look/consider/buy makeup from Chanel and my other dept store fave brands are Armani & Tom Ford.

These are from the Chanel Spring 2018 collection

ucontrol01609d73522a17f6e2e517810f1fa5886e7d_m_SS-2018_Neapolis_MU_LP_eyes.jpg

ucontrol01609d74907017f6e2e555e71fb030a1c933_m_SS-2018_Neapolis_MU_LP_lips.jpg

ucontrol01609d7603c017f6e2e5db49aad44f442236_m_SS-2018_Neapolis_MU_LP_nails.jpg

ucontrol01609d70f11c17f6e2e519bb7c37d6fb5d3c_m_SS-2018_Neapolis_MU_LP_hero.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Chanel has such beautiful packaging, and I love the Le Volume mascara.  It's just super hard to get off.   Too Faced Better than S mascara is similar and so is Benefit--They're Real--great mascaras-too hard to get off.

I won't purchase Chanel due to the price.  The glosses seem to be favs of celebrities, but I found nothing extraordinary about the one I purchased.  I think I actually returned it.  The prices are just exhorbitant. I don't like most of the lip colors they offer either--I prefer more warm and brighter pnks, and their lipstick doesn't stay on well.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

Chi-town,

Wow! What a tempting find! The shadow palette looks really pretty. Are you buying? 😄. I actually think I can wear most of the colors. Thanks for Sherlocking. Hurry Spring and Chanel.

The Camelia quad ended up not being "my shade." Zero enhancement to my eye color, but the formulas and application were a notch above many brands I use and like. The counter was depleted of inventory, so I will return when they are re-stocked and see if there's another quad that is better suited. And for sure, I want to visit the palette you highlighted. 

I don't wear dept. store skincare either. Right now Im keeping company with Tatcha and Isomers. You? Stay warm and well. 

Valued Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

Chanel has such beautiful packaging, and I love the Le Volume mascara.  It's just super hard to get off.   Too Faced Better than S mascara is similar and so is Benefit--They're Real--great mascaras-too hard to get off.

I won't purchase Chanel due to the price.  The glosses seem to be favs of celebrities, but I found nothing extraordinary about the one I purchased.  I think I actually returned it.  The prices are just exhorbitant. I don't like most of the lip colors they offer either--I prefer more warm and brighter pnks, and their lipstick doesn't stay on well.

Hi there Winamac, I agree it is impressively priced. For me, Chanel is a splurge and not a brand I can build a collection. 😄 Now that I ponder, it is a risky move to sample too much of their line. If I fall in love, it becomes forbidden fruit. And...I'm not known for possessing willpower with cosmetics. 

What eyeshadows and blushes do you wear most?

Honored Contributor

@Lally wrote:

Chi-town,

Wow! What a tempting find! The shadow palette looks really pretty. Are you buying? 😄. I actually think I can wear most of the colors. Thanks for Sherlocking. Hurry Spring and Chanel.

The Camelia quad ended up not being "my shade." Zero enhancement to my eye color, but the formulas and application were a notch above many brands I use and like. The counter was depleted of inventory, so I will return when they are re-stocked and see if there's another quad that is better suited. And for sure, I want to visit the palette you highlighted. 

I don't wear dept. store skincare either. Right now Im keeping company with Tatcha and Isomers. You? Stay warm and well. 

@Lally - my next visit to Nordstrom, I will check out the new Spring collection. I like the shadow pallet. 

For skin care, I use primarily Skinn and Isomers.  They keep bringing new innovative products that have upped my results. I get so many compliments on my skin. Over the holidays, some family & friends I don't see often insisted I tell them about the 'procedures' I recently had :womanlol. I'm trying to get them weaned off high priced dept store products. And I will also say, the Nuface device is a critical aspect. I use it 3x/week and it's a game changer!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Lally wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

Hi there Winamac, I agree it is impressively priced. For me, Chanel is a splurge and not a brand I can build a collection. 😄 Now that I ponder, it is a risky move to sample too much of their line. If I fall in love, it becomes forbidden fruit. And...I'm not known for possessing willpower with cosmetics. 

Hello and happy Friday.  My sister loves Chanel, and she owns many of their glosses. I just won't pay the prices, but she's a high end kind of gal, lol.  Everything she owns is expensive.  

I like Tarte and Urban Decay eye shadow.  Blushes--Tarte and Too faced !  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Chi-town. If you beat me checking out the spring shadow, please come post your thoughts. I forgot I use Dimitri's AM cleanser and Dermapeel. I have for years. You are right he has some really terrific products. And...he's adorable all around.

Valued Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Lally wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

Hello and happy Friday.  My sister loves Chanel, and she owns many of their glosses. I just won't pay the prices, but she's a high end kind of gal, lol.  Everything she owns is expensive.  

I like Tarte and Urban Decay eye shadow.  Blushes--Tarte and Too faced !  Smiley Happy

I will twin with you on liking tarte blushes. I just got a new one and lipgloss as Sephora's bday gift. Hope your weekend is fun.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lally wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Lally wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

I will twin with you on liking tarte blushes. I just got a new one and lipgloss as Sephora's bday gift. Hope your weekend is fun.

Same to you! Smiley Happy