Regular Contributor

Re: Thoughts About Chanel Eyeshadows and Blushes

I love Chanel makeup and used to wear it regularly when I wore makeup everyday. Chanel, Guerlain, and Dior were my main makeup in those days. i had the luxury of getting a makeover at Guerlain boutique on the Champs Elysees in Paris 10 years ago and walked out of there like a movie star! Those brands wear beautifully! The Chanel blush never faded on me, but I did the whole shebang so maybe having the foundation underneath helps with the staying power. Chanel nailpolish lasted longer on me than any other nailpolish I ever tried.

Now my makeup is toned down, since I don't wear it professionaly any more, but i do still use some of each of those brands with more of Bobbi Brown, which gives me the more natural look I want now.

You can't go wrong with the quality of those lovely brands. i do recommend going for a makeover and seeing how it looks and lasts on you. It is a big investment and you can not be expected to drop a wad of cash on a whim. I often had several makeovers before choosing the final set of colors for me. That is the sales person's and makeup artist's job, to help you find what is perfect for you.

Valued Contributor

@laraffinee wrote:

I love Chanel makeup and used to wear it regularly when I wore makeup everyday. Chanel, Guerlain, and Dior were my main makeup in those days. i had the luxury of getting a makeover at Guerlain boutique on the Champs Elysees in Paris 10 years ago and walked out of there like a movie star! Those brands wear beautifully! The Chanel blush never faded on me, but I did the whole shebang so maybe having the foundation underneath helps with the staying power. Chanel nailpolish lasted longer on me than any other nailpolish I ever tried.

Now my makeup is toned down, since I don't wear it professionaly any more, but i do still use some of each of those brands with more of Bobbi Brown, which gives me the more natural look I want now.

You can't go wrong with the quality of those lovely brands. i do recommend going for a makeover and seeing how it looks and lasts on you. It is a big investment and you can not be expected to drop a wad of cash on a whim. I often had several makeovers before choosing the final set of colors for me. That is the sales person's and makeup artist's job, to help you find what is perfect for you.

How cool that you got a make over in Paris. I really enjoyed reading your review and your advice is great. I use a variety of brands too. Geller, BBrown, Kat, Lancome on and on. I havent used Dior or Chanel, and thought I would dabble. 😀 Im going to check out Ford as well. Thanks again. 

Super Contributor

Hi Jacie, 

I love Chanel 19 too! I also went back to Cristalle too.  

Trusted Contributor

Lalley--Check out Zulilly today--Had some nice upscale items you may be intereested in. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

Lalley--Check out Zulilly today--Had some nice upscale items you may be intereested in. 

Thanks for that great idea. 😀

Honored Contributor

@Lally - I love Chanel eyeshadows, eyeliners, nail polish (love the limited denim collection from several yrs ago) and lippies. Excellent quality & beautiful colors.

As others suggested,  call & schedule a makeover & ask for samples

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

I love the Chanel quad eyeshadows. I bought my first one about ten years ago and my second about a month ago. First one is still good, even though there is only half left!

Honored Contributor

I was the one who posted about the Jersey Chanel blush.  I wear primer, so my blush stays on.

I started with Chanel foundation in my 20s and Chanel No. 5.  I wore that for years before switching to BEand Philosophy.

I then got into their Nail Polish as I love their colors and usually buy one a season. 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Lally - I love Chanel eyeshadows, eyeliners, nail polish (love the limited denim collection from several yrs ago) and lippies. Excellent quality & beautiful colors.

As others suggested,  call & schedule a makeover & ask for samples

Hey Chi, Happy New Year. Thanks for writing about your Chanel experiences. I had a mini make over done a few days ago. I didnt let them do my eyes because my optometrist forbids after I got an infection from testers. Ugh.  Anyway, I had the shadows swatched on my wrist and had the blushes applied directly to my cheeks. The two counter artists were super nice and talented. This is definitely an impressive brand.  Hope things are good with you. 

Valued Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I was the one who posted about the Jersey Chanel blush.  I wear primer, so my blush stays on.

I started with Chanel foundation in my 20s and Chanel No. 5.  I wore that for years before switching to BEand Philosophy.

I then got into their Nail Polish as I love their colors and usually buy one a season. 

Many thanks for posting about the Jersey blush. It was one of the shades I asked the Chanel rep apply. You are right.  The color is soft and so flattering. It holds true all day, too.