Valued Contributor

Thoughts About Chanel Eyeshadows and Blushes

[ Edited ]

I've never tried this line, but am considering a splurge. I always come to you all for guidance and to learn about new products you are loving.

There was a thread about blushes and someone posted her favorite was Chanel Jersey. That spured me to look at Chanel's pricey quad shadows as well.

I'm cool to neutral skin toned with blue/green eyes. I can't wear anything warm/golden.

My eyes, age, and contacts hate glitter and sparkles.

Can't wait to read your replies. Keep my thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Thoughts About Chanel Eyeshadows and Blushes

I have many eyeshadows and blushes from Chanel. I love their color choices. As far as the staying power the eyeshadows are fine. For some reason the blushes disappear on my normal skin after about an hour. I find Westmore blushes far superior, not even close.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Any time I'm tempted with truly high end mu like Chanel, Tom Ford, etc., I always hit eBay first for a travel or gwp item.

Has saved me a lot of grief when my gotta have it self meets my budget minded self. 😉

Esteemed Contributor

@Lally If you are spluring on eyeshadow my suggestion would be Tom Ford. The eyeshadow color range in Ford's brand is spectacular.  Chanel blush is ok, but again for splurging, in that price range I would steer you to take a look at Guerlain.   You're going to have to go to one of the high end stores for the Chanel, so while you're motivated give yourself a treat and check out these, and a few other brands not frequently mentioned in ths forum while there. You may decide the Chanel is the best option for you, but I'd hate to see the mood to spend ($$$) pass without checking out other brands. Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I agree with @Trix about the staying power of Chanel blushes. Zero, gone with the wind! The only thing Chanel I use these days is lipstick and Chanel No.19 perfume.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Lally   I only worn their lipstick and it was top notch and purchased their nail polish.  I know if you purchased their cosmetics and were not pleased you would be able to return.  I have never heard any complaints about Chanel.    Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Lally,

My mother, now 82, loves Chanel and so do I. From their perfumes Chanel 5, Crystal, Coco...their skin care, lipstick and eye shadow palettes. For mascara Lancôme, they deliver very good quality.

Can never go wrong with Chanel or Guerlain🌻

Trusted Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Any time I'm tempted with truly high end mu like Chanel, Tom Ford, etc., I always hit eBay first for a travel or gwp item.

Has saved me a lot of grief when my gotta have it self meets my budget minded self. 😉

@SnowpuppyI always do that too if I havent been in the store to try it! which lately is the case.

I love it as a sample size or refill display these people sell on ebay.

Works out well Smiley Wink.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Valued Contributor

Many thanks to each of you for your thoughtful answers. I went to a department store yesterday who carries Chanel. I ended up with the Camelia quad eyeshadow. Will give it a turn this morning. I confess that paying $61 for a small quad was hard to rationalize. It had better wow me to the moon.😀 

Trusted Contributor

I have a couple chanel shadows, nail polishes and lip glosses.  The colors are beautiful, their staying power is eh, especially the eyeliner.  Nail color is beautiful but wears terrible. 

I watched some Wayne Goss youtube videos yesterday on his idea of Best of 2017.  Check him out if you have a chance.  In one (i think it was lipgloss) he specifically states he's not a huge Chanel fan.   Honestly, I think I'd go with Charlotte Tillsbury (she isn't cheap either)  or Tom Ford (my most favorite designer)