Valued Contributor

Re: Those with fine, straight, no body hair

@cuddlesmama wrote:

It could be your haircut. You should try  having a haircut with some layers to add some volume, then try your products. I have strignt fine hair and I got some light layers in it and it makes so much difference.Plus, also put in volumizing products.

Unfortunately layering doesn't always help.  Those layers can be just as flat.  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL,  another option for fine/straight/thin hair, lacking body,  is a wig.  I realize not everone wants to go that route, but, for example, if you have occasions when you just don't want to wrestle with your hair yet again, just to get it "acceptable" to you, then popping on a wig can be a welcome, occasional relief!

Here's a view of  "Gratitude" by Gabor.  It's a cute crop, a good one for novices-- a basic cap, but has movement, is flippy and perfectly cut, right out of the box, ready to wear.  It's especially flattering to mature faces, with its long layers framing the neck--  or they can be trimmed.

snapshot.jpg

snapshot.jpg

Roxy, the model, is wearing medium brown, and the other two colors she's showing are "brown-blonde" and dark blonde.   In the video she shows how effortless they are to wear.   You can floof it up, or wear more smooth. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx5uKlL4uaw

Anyway, just another option, and so much less work.

Honored Contributor

some have suggested getting the right haircut---I have tried that option too and apparently, where I live, no one knows what the right haircut for me it--have gone thru about 10 stylist a few times each with little to no satisfaction!!  Just drives me insane!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jk9 wrote:

@JudyL I have that hair.  For me putting a pony tail on top of my head would leave a big dent in my hair from ANY kind of band I would put on it (and I mean any) that would keep my hair from crawling out of the pony.  I have found the Tweak'd chichuri styling cream to work amazingly on my stick straight hair.  I don't like styling creams either but this one is a total game changer for me.  I keep at least 3 on back up!   I apply about 2-3 pumps, rub into hands and then apply all over my hair.  Blow dry with a round brush.   I also had layers added this past year and that helps add some volume (but not without adding a styling product).  I don't find the Tweak'd volumizing foam or any other foam works as well for me.  The styling cream gives my hair a little texture that it needs too.  The WEN texturizing spray can add some volume too, but I like the Tweak'd cream better.

Btw:   I tried the Voluum tool when it was on HSN years ago and you could see the crimps through my blonde hair!   Tried several techniques and my hair was just too thin and light to hide the crinkles.   I do better with an old crimping iron from back in the dark ages than the voluum. 

I agree, @Jk9 . My hair is fine, straight, and a moderate thickness.  It's not as thick as when I was younger, but it's thick enough to where I can get a little fullness and not see my scslp,  Tweak'd products are my go to's.  To my freshly cleansed hair, I'll spritz a little of the volumizing Revitalizing Mist, followed by a pump of the styling cream. I've also been using the Jatamansi scalp serum. I style with a round boar bristle brush and a blow dryer, but then go to a heated round brush too.  I get nice lift at the roots and my hair is in good condition. 

Honored Contributor

The Calista lady offered a spray type of volumizer, which Amy demonstrated.

To 'thicken', volumize, etc.  

It looked to work well on all of the models.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have very straight fine, thick (not all fine hair is thin) hair.  Because it's thick and fine, it weighs down and is also very flat (hate!) to the top of my head.  I have been using some products to help but they are pricey.

After I dry, I have been using the Calista Volumizer heated brush in the 1 1/2" barrel for lift (my hair is a lightly layered bob that lands above my shoulders) then before I comb it out I will spray it with Oribe Texturizing spray for additional lift (you can get a small travel sized bottle to try it out) finally I use Kerastace super hold hair spray.

I don't really comb it out after all that...I will just lightly smooth down any ahirs sticking up with fingers or a light touch with my bruch.

Honored Contributor

Thank you ladies for all your suggestions.  Have made a list - Kenra, Big Sexy Hair, dry shampoos, Tweaked Chichuri, styling tools, etc.  Also going to talk to my sytlist this weekend about cutting my layers a bit shorter to see if that helps.

@Jk9 - the Tweaked Chichuri styling cream was on a Cyber Week Sale here on the Q  for $29.00 normally $58.00!  So I jumped on that to try it out.  I already use Tweaked shampoo and conditioner so this seemed like a good place to start.

Respected Contributor

@JudyL I jumped on that too!   I thought of you when I did my hair today and hope all goes well with your "adventure".  It can be so tough to find what works.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@Jk9 wrote:

@JudyL I jumped on that too!   I thought of you when I did my hair today and hope all goes well with your "adventure".  It can be so tough to find what works.  

@Jk9 - I'll let you know how it goes and if I like the Tweaked product.

Esteemed Contributor

Well I have THIN fine, straight, no body hair and I'm printing out this entire thread so that I can try out some of the suggestions. I have to say that for me, layers don't particularly help and a body wave just gives me curved hair that lies flat, instead of straight hair that lies flat. So I'm interested in all of the products you folks are using.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett