Honored Contributor

Those who own Hairmax Headband Question

Not a question about effectiveness.  Just wondering, for those of you who have owned it for 2 years or more, have you noticed a significant decrease in the length of time before it automatically turns off?  I feel like my battery is dying.  I keep it plugged in and only remove it to use it, and now can only get about 4 movements before it cuts off automatically.  That's a huge disappointment for such an expensive device if you're expected to replace it every 2 to 3 years.  Makes  me think that maybe the more expensive Capillus is the way to go, assuming it doesn't have the same problem.  @SilleeMee, have you had any issues with your Capillus battery, and how long have you owned it?

Honored Contributor

Re: Those who own Hairmax Headband Question

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess 

I've had my Capillus for over two years. No problems with the battery. Generally speaking Li-Ion batteries last about 4 to 5 years, sometimes less and sometimes more. Capillus guarantees theirs for one year or it's replaced at no charge. 

I've had my HM-9 comb for many years. No problems with that either. Battery is not replaceable and I have no issues with it keeping a charge.

I would contact HM about your band. What you are describing sounds like something is wrong with it. I believe HM devices should last a very long time, not just 2 or 3 years.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, I will.

Valued Contributor

I have the headband for about 3 years. Still works, I don't use it like I should as i found Rogaine works better but i hate using Rogaine.

Question...how do you replace the battery? Contact the company and order one? Mine still works but I was wondering about how long the lights and battery hold up.

Honored Contributor

@Ceci wrote:

I have the headband for about 3 years. Still works, I don't use it like I should as i found Rogaine works better but i hate using Rogaine.

Question...how do you replace the battery? Contact the company and order one? Mine still works but I was wondering about how long the lights and battery hold up.

@Ceci 

The battery cannot be replaced. HM says their batteries last 10-15 years. The lasers lights don't 'blow out' and never need replacing.