Super Contributor

Re: Those of us who use Mally eyeliner pencils, do you know.....

ECBG - so sorry to have hijacked your thread! {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

To answer your question, I've used both Starlights and didn't see much difference between them. Neither one was bulletproof. My left eye waters throughout the day (no idea why), and the waterproof Starlight leaked just as much as the regular. The colors wer epretty, though!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the help. I've worn her eyelining system with the compact of powder since it first came out and can only get it off with Philosophy. I get so many complements on it! It works for me!

Honored Contributor

OH! I had such an experience when I tried Dalton permanent gel liner sold here. I took out my bath sink plunger and noticed large chunks of black hanging off the shaft of the plunger. It was the waterproof gel liner! No telling what that stuff could do to your pipes!

New Contributor

Hello ECBG. I loved the eyelining system with the powder as well - my all-time favorite Mally product. It does give a very soft and smoky eye effect. However, she discontinued it awhile age. Where are you able to purchase the kits now?

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

On 8/3/2014 zsazsa12 said:

Hello ECBG. I loved the eyelining system with the powder as well - my all-time favorite Mally product. It does give a very soft and smoky eye effect. However, she discontinued it awhile age. Where are you able to purchase the kits now?

Thank you.

I was able to snag two new sets on amazon. I really need a touch of the powder with my under eye liner. I guess because of moisturizers. I don't use it on the top on that pencil any longer. I don't do a smokey eye, I line them. I quit looking around. Maybe we could complain on her site.....

Honored Contributor

ECG: I have found that a good eye primer keeps your eye makeup from traveling. No raccoon eyes
Honored Contributor

ECG: I have found that a good eye primer keeps your eye makeup from traveling. No raccoon eyes
Super Contributor

It is bulletproof on me but you have to "set" your face first or it will come off. That's what primers are for.

I just make sure my face moisturizers are soaked in well long before I put on any make up, and I use a CC cream, a semi powder foundation, and then I can go as long as I want until I take it off, just as Mally says. I could sleep in it if I wanted, which I wouldn't, but mine stays perfectly in place until I decide to remove it

Most people put their eyeliner and eye shadow or makeup on right after creams, oils, moisturizers, etc, and don't allow them normal time to soak into the skin. Or they put a gel or greasy eyliner on straight with not even makeup under it. that will always smear.

Things must go on in layers and have plenty of "dry down" time in between each layer for maximum benefits.

Respected Contributor

I use the "Evercolor" pencils. I think they are pretty good. I notice at the end of the day, i have to use eye makeup remover to get the residue off, because they do stay on, though not completely.

If you have oily lids, any eye makeup tends to fade. I have somewhat oily skin (lucky me, it ages a bit more slowly) but my eye makeup does slide off, esp. eye liner.

I found that dusting eye shadow of the same color over the pencil makes it stay longer. Mally does this all the time. I use a flat-bladed brush to apply color over the liner. Those eye palettes "All About Eyes" she sells have enough colors that you usually can find a corresponding color that works for your chosen eyeliner-or just buy shadow in your faves. (I wear navy-black and a coppery bronze most often.)