Esteemed Contributor

Re: Those little round silcone cleanser vs The Clarisonic

I have a Clarisonic and Pop Spade. I love that I don't have to replace brushes and the charge lasts a long time, as well as having multiple speeds. I got mine as @SilleeMee mentioned from the Q when they had a sale. Still use my Clarisonic as well.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I bought a Pop Sonic Spade when it was offered on the Q for half the price of what the Pop Sonic website sells it for ($100). Best thing I ever bought to clean my face and I've owned other brands of these kinds of silicone devices including a Foreo Luna which lasted for only a year. When the Foreo died then I went looking for dupe because I didn't want to spend another $100 on a new Foreo. The dupe worked out fine but what I like about the Spade is that handle! Best thing ever! The bristles are more hair-like and soft...not like the Foreo's stiffer ones. 

Pop Sonic Spade

download.jpg

fullsizeoutput_4d3_1024x1024.jpeg

This would be awesome, I love the handle. What I worry about with the clarisonic is bacteria... I'm thinking this would be better since I get clogged pores easy!!

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I like the shape of the Spade. I can get close to the corners of my eyes and around my nose a lot easier than the Foreo. 

ETA- The bristles are a bit longer and softer than those on a Foreo. The softer bristles seem to conform to my face, making it seem like I'm getting into all 'hills 'n valleys'...lol!

@Alison Wonderland 

@SilleeMee I have the Spade too and love it.  I agree it is gentler on the skin than the Foreo and Clarisonic.  You are right about the shape being better for reaching all areas of the face.  It's a great product and I'm glad I got it when it was half price.

Valued Contributor

I have a Clarisonic and a pop sonic. I prefer the Clarisonic, my pores look better with Clarisonic vs the pop sonic. However the Clarisonic is harder on my skin, I was getting broken capillaries on my chin and around my nose. So I use the Clarisonic in my face once a week (or every other week if my skin is angry) and pop sonic on other days.
Honored Contributor

I have both too, but use my Mia the most---does a better job for me.

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I bought a Pop Sonic Spade when it was offered on the Q for half the price of what the Pop Sonic website sells it for ($100). Best thing I ever bought to clean my face and I've owned other brands of these kinds of silicone devices including a Foreo Luna which lasted for only a year. When the Foreo died then I went looking for dupe because I didn't want to spend another $100 on a new Foreo. The dupe worked out fine but what I like about the Spade is that handle! Best thing ever! The bristles are more hair-like and soft...not like the Foreo's stiffer ones. 

Pop Sonic Spade

download.jpg

fullsizeoutput_4d3_1024x1024.jpeg

This would be awesome, I love the handle. What I worry about with the clarisonic is bacteria... I'm thinking this would be better since I get clogged pores easy!!

@SandGirl , if bacteria is a special concern, you might want to look into the Michael Todd Soniclear devices, which look very much like the Clarisonic but have antimicrobial brushes. They're on sale right now on the Michael Todd site, along with the rest of his line.

Esteemed Contributor

OK, I'm going to get laughed off the forum for asking this.... but... why would anyone have to buy a gadget just to wash their face?  Why not use a terrycloth washcloth?  It never needs recharging or fresh batteries.  It gets into the smallest creases and corners.  It won't break capillaries.  It doesn't need to have its brushes replaced.  There are no bacteria concerns because a washcloth gets tossed into the laundry with soap and hot water every time you use it.   And washclothes are cheap, disposable, and easy to replace.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

OK, I'm going to get laughed off the forum for asking this.... but... why would anyone have to buy a gadget just to wash their face?  Why not use a terrycloth washcloth?  It never needs recharging or fresh batteries.  It gets into the smallest creases and corners.  It won't break capillaries.  It doesn't need to have its brushes replaced.  There are no bacteria concerns because a washcloth gets tossed into the laundry with soap and hot water every time you use it.   And washclothes are cheap, disposable, and easy to replace.  

I bought a gadget because I have severe dexterity issues and my hands don't do a good job at cleaning anything. I have to rely on 'tools' to get things clean in my life unfortunately. @tototwo 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@tototwo  OK, you & I both will get laughed at and poo-poo'd.

You know those silicone pads on those battery or electric gadgets (like Pop Sonic or The Leaf)? It's the silicone that is doing all the work! The standalone silicone pads, without any mechanics, are the exact -- and I mean exact same -- material, softness, and durability as the silicone placed on those expensive beauty tools.

I get my silicone pads from Amazon; a pack of five to seven, for under $10.  I've been using them for over a year.  They remove everything; every spec of makeup, including mascara, and dirt.  Never leave any residue.  They are naturally anti-bacterial.  My face is smoother, clearer, and absolutely no visible pores since using these.  I also use a dedicated one to clean my makeup brushes.  They work like a charm! 

But of course the billion dollar beauty industry wants to convince everyone that it's the power of the sonic rotation that's doing the cleaning.  You've got the power in your hands by making your own circular motions with these silicone pads. Plus, they are so soft and pliable they go in avery nook and cranny on your face. 

Honored Contributor

I will never use a brush on my face again.  I use the Pop Sonic Leaflet.  Perfect size that fits in your hand and gentle on your skin.

kindness is strength