Valued Contributor

Those Who Love Tova Fragrance....

I used Tova Signature for years but have heard it's changed.  For those who are looking for a similar scent, try Dame Perfumes.  Jeffrey has many scents but I really like the Bergamot Jasmine and Labdanum - it's quite close to Tova.  The best part is he will send you samples and a small sampler bottle with about 20 sprays is $8.00.  

I heard about him on a beauty website and have purchased a few items - he's based in AZ.  

Hope this helps!

Honored Contributor

Re: Those Who Love Tova Fragrance....

Thank you!  My daughter loved that fragrance.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for posting an alternative.

I have used Tova for years & I don't see a difference in the newer bottles that I have from the ones I bought years, ago.

I know others don't feel the same way, so maybe this will work for them.

Valued Contributor

@tarsmom

Thanks so much for the review and recommendation.  I will get the sample item that you suggested and give it a try.  The free shipping was the deciding factor.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

Thank you for posting an alternative.

I have used Tova for years & I don't see a difference in the newer bottles that I have from the ones I bought years, ago.

I know others don't feel the same way, so maybe this will work for them.

@Dusty1

i completely agree with you. i do not see or smell any difference either. it still smells good on me, i get compliments, and it lasts. i use both tova AND tova nights.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Iv’e used To a Signature for about 25 years. I get compliments whenever I wear it.  I still have a bottle of the Signature Platinum left and I wish Tova would bring it back. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used Tova since the first time she appeared on QVC with her husband, Ernie.  Her original company was called Tova 9.  Tova Signature was my signature fragrance and I got compliments daily and often times stopped while I was shopping, etc.

The fragrance is not the same.

Once QVC bought the line, and made their changes,  the fragrance was very different.  Tova used to talk about how expensive some of the ingredients (jasmine, etc) were.  Her pride and standards for the fragrance were not continued by the new owner!  Then the Federal Government banned certain ingredients that are in many perfumes.  That also contributed to the change. 

They tweaked it over and over, and got it as close as possible.  But,  it's not the same as the original and probably never will be. 

If you like it now, that's all that matters.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

I used Tova since the first time she appeared on QVC with her husband, Ernie.  Her original company was called Tova 9.  Tova Signature was my signature fragrance and I got compliments daily and often times stopped while I was shopping, etc.

The fragrance is not the same.

Once QVC bought the line, and made their changes,  the fragrance was very different.  Tova used to talk about how expensive some of the ingredients (jasmine, etc) were.  Her pride and standards for the fragrance were not continued by the new owner!  Then the Federal Government banned certain ingredients that are in many perfumes.  That also contributed to the change. 

They tweaked it over and over, and got it as close as possible.  But,  it's not the same as the original and probably never will be. 

If you like it now, that's all that matters.

So well said-all true.

Contributor

@tarsmom wrote:

I used Tova Signature for years but have heard it's changed.  For those who are looking for a similar scent, try Dame Perfumes.  Jeffrey has many scents but I really like the Bergamot Jasmine and Labdanum - it's quite close to Tova.  The best part is he will send you samples and a small sampler bottle with about 20 sprays is $8.00.  

I heard about him on a beauty website and have purchased a few items - he's based in AZ.  

Hope this helps!

Thanks tarsmom for the recommendation to Dame Perfumes.  I just ordered a sample of the Bergamot Jasmine and Labdanum scent ($8.50).  I was a big Tova Signature fan before the formulation changed.  I have found nothing that even comes close to the once glorious scent of Tova Signature EDP.  As others have said on these forums it was my signature scent.  Always, always would get compliments from both men and women whenever I wore it.  I still miss it today.