Respected Contributor

Re: This might be a dumb question about WEN

Maybe a Mod could move this to the WEN forum under My Favorite Brand,  

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Regular Contributor

I'm a big fan of WEN, first used in in 2012 or 2013 and have used it steadily since 2014.  I buy the gallons in June and get second shipment in December.  Last year, QVC did not have the December shipment; I didn't get it until the third week in January.  I ran out and bought the drugstore shampoo & conditioner I used prior to WEN.   

In the past, I was very pleased with this brand (deliberately not naming it, but it is an expensive drugstore brand).  It was nice to have soapy bubbles again.  But the conditioner does not detangle as well as WEN and more importantly, my hair felt like straw.  FYI, I'm African American and I chemically straighten my hair, but don't really do much else--no blow drying, flat irons or hotcurlers.  It was awful.  My hair felt the way perms left it in the old days, hard & crunchy and straw-like (I'm 61 and have been perming since I was 13). I don't color my hair, but it started to look like it was fading and flat-colored. 

I was so glad to get my WEN back and within a week, my hair started to soften and the color brightened again.  It took a month for it to get fully back to normal. 

Hair loss - I had bariatric surgery in January 2015 and bariatric patients lose tons of hair during the weight loss phase.  I didn't at first, but by mid-2015 I could run my hands through it in the shower and a big chunk would come out.  Had I been aware of the problems with WEN at the time, I probably would have stopped using it, but I wasn't aware of them then.  By the time I heard about this, my hair loss had abated.  I lose a little bit everytime I wash it, but I'm not tearing out chunks in an effort to detangle it anymore, especially when I need a touch-up.

I only use the regular Sweet Almond Mint; I've tried some of the others but frankly, I didn't like them and in general don't like food smells in personal products (I use Philosophy Amazing Grace stuff but you'll never catch me trying Gingerbread man or something similar.  I get Josie Maran's unscented products sometimes).  I do not use any other WEN products; I'm okay with cheap drugstore stuff for slight leave in conditioning and fly-away or frizz control.      

After my experience last year with no WEN for about a month, I won't be without it now.  Hope I can always get it or another product like it.  

Honored Contributor

@Maloyo- I hope you never have to go without Wen again!  As a 7-year Wen user, if I ever ran out of it, I have no idea what shampoo/conditioner I'd use.  Nothing on the market compares to the results I get from Wen.  My hair is thick and straight and Wen gives me soft and bouncy hair with tons of volume.  Never got that result with any other product I've ever used before.  My search ended 7 years ago.

Super Contributor

WEN is truely the worst product I have ever used. Before I used it my hair was beautiful and shiny etc   after trying WEN it was dry and brittle and started to fall out. I thought I was doing somehitng wrong and did not believe it could be WEN I then stopped for a year and tried again and the same thing happened. When I went back to high end shampoo and conditioner my hair over time became beautiful again. I will NEVER EVER use a WEN product for as long as I live. I cant believe it is still selling! And I Used it correctly. Obviously some people can use it and some it is just horrible.

Respected Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

Maybe a Mod could move this to the WEN forum under My Favorite Brand,  

Why? 

WEN is a beauty item, so it's perfectly appropriate here.

I rarely go to the sub forums. We read about IT Cosmetics here. We read about Philosophy and Josie Maran here. No one seems to have a problem with that.

Honored Contributor

@beauty0125

I don’t consider Nix’s products ‘high end’, but you’ve posted that you love them, it’s good they meet your needs.

No need to slam another product.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@beauty0125 wrote:

WEN is truely the worst product I have ever used. Before I used it my hair was beautiful and shiny etc   after trying WEN it was dry and brittle and started to fall out. I thought I was doing somehitng wrong and did not believe it could be WEN I then stopped for a year and tried again and the same thing happened. When I went back to high end shampoo and conditioner my hair over time became beautiful again. I will NEVER EVER use a WEN product for as long as I live. I cant believe it is still selling! And I Used it correctly. Obviously some people can use it and some it is just horrible.

My search was OVER the day I found WEN.  There is absolutely nothing that come even close to WEN!

No other product on the market is nearly as exquisite and high quility as WEN is.

WEN is getting my hair to be at it's best and always look it's best.

The longer I use WEN, the more and more benefits I derive from this product, and more beautiful my hair gets.

My hair is gradually restoring volume, becomes fuller, with more bounce and shine. It's getting more resilient and stronger. 

My hair now is amazingly soft and pleasant to touch, and easy to manage -  I NEVER get bad hair day any more! Imagine that?! That's something! Woman Happy

I can't even think of being without WEN, not even for one week!

I don't know how @Maloyo did it for a month, I'd literally lose my mind without it, because there is no other product in the world that can replace WEN for me.

WEN truly is a magical product. Regardless, of how much some people enjoy writing nasty posts about it, WEN still sells in numbers by far greater than a certain, so called, "high end shampoo and conditioner". Lol!  WEN sells TIMES MORE, there is not even a comparison. That's a fact.

Nick Chavez products are just carp, if you ask me. That's all I can say. Best regards, and ciao! Woman Happy

@DrytheHi Sweetie! Heart Hello also to my friend @San Antonio Gal! Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

WEN truly is a magical product. Regardless, of how much some people enjoy writing nasty posts about it, WEN still sells in numbers by far greater than a certain, so called, "high end shampoo and conditioner". Lol!  WEN sells TIMES MORE, there is not even a comparison. That's a fact.

@sonechko Must be a lot of customers who have great results with WEN to not only purchase it in the gallon container, but enough people to recently exceed one million bottles sold! WOW!

I'm not even aware of any other hair product that sells theirs in gallon containers, except to hair salons. I could be wrong on that, but I haven't seen any other company's cleansing product in that large of a bottle. So, that speaks for positive results with WEN.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

@sonechko Must be a lot of customers who have great results with WEN to not only purchase it in the gallon container, but enough people to recently exceed one million bottles sold! WOW!

I'm not even aware of any other hair product that sells theirs in gallon containers, except to hair salons. I could be wrong on that, but I haven't seen any other company's cleansing product in that large of a bottle. So, that speaks for positive results with WEN.

@No @World Traveler, you are not wrong - there is no other hair product, and certainly not mentioned above "high end shampoo and conditioner",  that sells this many GALLONS of hair cleanser to the regular customers.

Obviously, people would not buy it in such huge quantities, if they did not have a great individual experience with WEN. There is not even a question about it.  We all know - a great number of customers use WEN regularly, exclusively, and buy it in gallon quantities.

@Some buy more than one gallon in June, and then additionally, more bottles of other WEN scents during the year. These are people like you, @World Traveler, like me, and millions of others.

It would be completely illogical to assume, that millions of people simply do not know what they are doing, and only those, who dislike WEN, know and are here to uncover the real truth about this product to the world. Right. Lol!

I can totally understand, if someone can't use WEN for whatever their personal reason may be, and that's fine by me! Don't like - don't buy!

But I can't understand this - Are Naysayers so blinded by hate for WEN, that they become oblivious to realize how successful WEN truly is, and this product is sold to homes of the millions of customers?

Respected Contributor

@Ms tyrion2

Because of the snark that happens on the forum with WEN. There are people who bash wen, followed by the wen supporters who bash the bashers. Not cool. And it's happened forever and the Mods usually move it. That's why.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield