Regular Contributor

This might be a dumb question about WEN

just wondering why Chaz is still,selling his stuff, when he just paid out a huge lawsuit. Did he change the formula? If he did I must have missed that announcement. I too lost a lot of hair, but was never contacted by either Qvc or his company directly., or if I had to contact them. Too late now anyways and probably way over talked as far as that lawsuit is concerned. 

Respected Contributor

Re: This might be a dumb question about WEN

So how did that lawsuit go down?  Wen users:  did it thin your hair?  Curious.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I love WEN

Frequent Contributor

I've been using wen products for 7 years. No problems with hair loss or any other adverse reactions. In fact my hair & skin are much better than before I used wen. I am a fan of wen & of Chaz.
Trusted Contributor

@spent2much: I’ve been using it since 2012 and have very thick, fast growing and healthy hair. I tried Wen as a last resort because I had bought sooo many products across a price range but my hair was so dry and like straw. Sulfate free shampoos were the worst, my hair felt gummy. It was awful.

Between menopause and low thyroid my hair was in bad shape.

Read what he said about Fig which described my hair perfectly. First cleanse made a huge difference in my texture.

I have to go in to get hair trimmed and thinned every 3 weeks.

I for 1 hope it never goes away.

Respected Contributor

@SadiesadieI've always had very thick hair.  Every time I went to my stylist, he thinned it.  Well, forward to today and I'm 69 and it's a LOT thinner than it used to be.  I think I'm the only one that notices it, though, because it was soooooo thick.  I've been using Wen for a couple of years.  I just wish I could get some assurance that the hair thinning has nothing to do with Wen.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

The lawsuit was not against QVC, it was the Guthy-Renker distribution system that was sued, and the WEN sold by Guthy-Renker has slightly different formulas from what QVC sells.  If you had bought the Guthy-Renker formula, you would have been contacted.  So no, Chaz has not changed the WEN formula he sells through QVC.  The settlement by Guthy-Renker did not admit fault, and it was for a small amount of money per person.  No trial occurred, and the lawyers for the people suing settled because they knew that they couldn't prove their case in court, and their clients got a little money, and they got their lawyer's fees.

As to my use of WEN, I'm coming up on eight years, and my hair has never been better.  It's at least half again as thick as it was before WEN, I can heat style it, color it, perm it, and it comes back strong and beautiful, over and over.  It looks and feels like silk.  They'll pry my WEN out of my cold, dead hands, I'll never quit using it!

Valued Contributor

Why are there different formulas?!  And what are the differences? Call me crazy, but I like to know what I’m buying is the same product no matter where I purchase it from. 

Valued Contributor

I bought once from QVC and never from any where else.  Yet, I got a notice about the lawsuit and I signed up on the website that the lawyers had set up.  I did get a check and that was my first and last association with the WEN product.  My hair was a mess after using it and I can't even give the bottles I have away.  I may have to just toss it or see if my church wants it for their yard sale.

Trusted Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

The lawsuit was not against QVC, it was the Guthy-Renker distribution system that was sued, and the WEN sold by Guthy-Renker has slightly different formulas from what QVC sells.  If you had bought the Guthy-Renker formula, you would have been contacted.  So no, Chaz has not changed the WEN formula he sells through QVC.  The settlement by Guthy-Renker did not admit fault, and it was for a small amount of money per person.  No trial occurred, and the lawyers for the people suing settled because they knew that they couldn't prove their case in court, and their clients got a little money, and they got their lawyer's fees.

As to my use of WEN, I'm coming up on eight years, and my hair has never been better.  It's at least half again as thick as it was before WEN, I can heat style it, color it, perm it, and it comes back strong and beautiful, over and over.  It looks and feels like silk.  They'll pry my WEN out of my cold, dead hands, I'll never quit using it!

@CamilleP. LOL!!!! I'm with you! I have been using WEN for 2+ years on my short, thick, wavy hair. My hair is soft now, not coarse anymore. It looks great and I've never had a problem using it. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻