Valued Contributor

Re: This might be a dumb question about WEN

[ Edited ]

@vermint WEN is NOT all natural...nor has it ever claimed to be--read the ingredients. Your post would be more credible without that statement...which shows you have no idea what you're talking about.

First off the rude comment just makes you sound immature because you took it out of context. Second, I do know what Im talking about. I DO like Chaz, hes a great guy. Lastly, Chaz does say that on the presentations. He tells the audience that he started wen with "all natural ingredients" that he picked up from his back yard. Are you gonna deny that he's said that or have you not heard him? Im not talking about word for word ingredient list on the bottle. I understand that its got other filler stuff in it. When he presents on the Q he tells us specificaly while describing the item that the item has this many peptides, amino acids, etc etc... then he speaks about the natural ingredients  describing them as in red cloves, goji berry, acai, rosemary and so on and on.... Is that not natural for you? If not then Im sorry. So unless they start making man made rosemary or cloves, I believe for most people those ingredients are considered natural.  

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Trusted Contributor

actually what you are saying is a logical fallacy-Chaz does not say his products are all natural. You are inducing from what you think are natural ingredients that his products are all natural and claiming he himself made that statement. Wrong!
Regular Contributor

@sonechko   

It's called being penny-wise and pound-foolish.  I was too cheap to just order a 16 or 32 ounce bottle to carry me over.  WILL NOT make that mistake again, LOL!   

Esteemed Contributor

@Maloyo wrote:

@sonechko   

It's called being penny-wise and pound-foolish.  I was too cheap to just order a 16 or 32 ounce bottle to carry me over.  WILL NOT make that mistake again, LOL!   

Hehe @Maloyo! I know exactly what are your saying - I am cheap too! Even my most favorite quality products I only buy at the best deals available only. But I do stock up. Actually, I over-do it.....

I check ebay once in a while, and always think - if I ever run out, I'd buy me a little more CC to hold me over there. I did not buy CC yet - always have a supply, but the other WEN products I purchased for less on ebay a few times.

Valued Contributor

@untitled

You may find this helpful: 

https://chazdean.com/chaz/philosophy

HIS Philosophy

Chaz Dean believes in a natural, healthy lifestyle, so it’s no wonder his approach to hairstyling follows suit. At his Hollywood salon, the Chaz Dean Studio, his dedication to harmony and holistic methods quickly become obvious: On the outside, there is no signage advertising his businesses at all, and ivy-covered walls surround the mid-city bungalows to preserve the inner sanctuary. Upon entering, visitors are treated to an oasis of lush foliage, trickling fountains, quiet sitting areas and other peaceful décor.

His products and techniques are equally as healthy: Chaz's own hair care line is made with natural ingredients, and he never uses bleach or developer with high levels of peroxide when coloring hair.

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Maloyo- I hope you never have to go without Wen again!  As a 7-year Wen user, if I ever ran out of it, I have no idea what shampoo/conditioner I'd use.  Nothing on the market compares to the results I get from Wen.  My hair is thick and straight and Wen gives me soft and bouncy hair with tons of volume.  Never got that result with any other product I've ever used before.  My search ended 7 years ago.

@Maloyo

I went to visit my mother and forgot my WEN.  Five days of hell.  That's when I found out they stopped selling it in Ulta or Sephora, whichever had some of it.

I bought Carol's Daughter.  I ended up just using the conditioner alone as the shampoo was super drying, even just using 1 pump with 8 pumps of conditioner to cleanse.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I received my $6 My Pillow class action settlement check last week and I didn't see a single thread about that here.

AND, it's still being sold on QVC, Q2 and now HSN (as well as a million infomercials every day on every channel).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

Wouldn’t that belong into a different forum? Maybe you find it there....

Super Contributor

I have not been back to these forums for a month and only come to them once in a while since I am busy traveling and working for business. It is laughable, I cant believe the craziness and comments on this forum. People dont have better things to do then fight about WEN. Some people hate it and some people love it , so what .. just accept that. I think some people need to find other passions in their life. then WEN.  Also people have a right to say if they love a product or dislike a product that is their right just because you do not agree the rage is rediculous. I happen to think WEN is the worst product on the planet but so what,  that is my experience.  I am a very happy consumer of whatever is best for my hair and it happens to be Oribe( which yes is a high end product)..

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spent2much wrote:

So how did that lawsuit go down?  Wen users:  did it thin your hair?  Curious.

For me the tea tree formula gave me a massive allergic reaction.  Had a red rash all over my face, neck, scalp,  hands and it was an instant rash that developed when I was still in the shower. It was bad to where I had to call off work.  The strong menthol  ones like lavender burned my scalp but the seasonals, kids wen, 613, pomagraniate  worked well with no issues at all what so ever.  I found with the ones that burned my scalp I eventually got used to it where  it did not bother me

You just have to try it for yourself. If your sensitive to menthol  i would try kids wen, 613 or the seasonals and avoid the core  ones.  But you have to try it for yourself for everyone is different.  My main issue is the cost. I shampoo daily and cant afford to  buy two 32oz's a month also I find I like the regular shampoos and drugstore cleansing conditioners just as well.  Hair Food at target has an apricot and a jasmine/vanilla cleansing conditioner I like  I also like the Matrix Biolage Cleansing conditioners.  Some have menthol but seem more scalp friendly.  

I would  try wen again  if I hear of a formula that is easier to work in in and rince out or if I could find a scent free drugstore one that I can mix in with it to make it last longer