Respected Contributor

Re: This might be a dumb question about WEN

@mintedrose wrote:

Guthy-Renker the company wen uses did not acknowledge that they know of any ingredients in wen to cause hair loss. I think if they accepted that they did then maybe then wen would be forced out of market. They just settled the lawsuit so i guess that means wen can still be sold to people. The lawsuit just tarnishes the image of wen for sure. Its just my guess. Now, if people buy it or not is another story. 

Now as for my experience, I was one of those people who used to rave about wen, I swore by it. I gave it to my family friends anyone who was having hair issues. I never wanted to believe that it was the cause of my hair issues. I bought everything, from cleansers, hair masks, hair oils, mousse, texture treatment, volumizing treatment, styling creame, hair mist, you name and I have it. I bought in bulk, hundreds and thousands of dollars worth. I truly believed it was my saving grace. 

I used it for about five years until I realized what it was doing to my hair. Dont get me wrong my hair looked great, but over time it killed my hair. My hair absolutley had no weight, no strength or life, it felt feather light and yes there was loss which i didnt wanna blame on wen but whatever. Im finally getting my hair back to normal now using shampoo that costs less than half the price of wen. Its embarring that i spent so much $$ and believed in it for so long while it was ruining my hair. I can tell now the people who are still using it because their hair all look the same. It gives shine and body but make s your hair flimsy and lifeless over time. It cloggs your scalp. Your hair loses its natural shine and moisture. Im not here to rip on it and i never opted in the lawsuit. Im not agaisnt Chaz, im sure hes a great guy and does really believe in his products but you know there were issues... $60 for a hair mask that makes u lose hair? Please! People on here become very rude very quickly when anyone shares their negative experience with it. Its like they get threatened or something and probably would seriously hurt someone because of their belief in wen.  If some people still love it then they should keep on using it but dont harshly critcize women who've actually had a bad experience. Anyway, Im willing to donate my wen to people who so fight for its cause, badly. 

I am kinda upset that i was duped into spending so much money for something that shouldnt cost you that much and if its all that natural it shouldnt be ruining your hair. But I guess thats what marketing is all about. 

Btw, i want all my money back!

@mintedrose WEN is NOT all natural...nor has it ever claimed to be--read the ingredients. Your post would be more credible without that statement...which shows you have no idea what you're talking about.

Not doubting that you had a bad experience with WEN...every product ever made has caused a bad experience for someone. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

@Ms tyrion2

Because of the snark that happens on the forum with WEN. There are people who bash wen, followed by the wen supporters who bash the bashers. Not cool. And it's happened forever and the Mods usually move it. That's why.

Exactly @Jacie, thank you! It is quite obvious that Wenners do not start WEN bashing threads. If they respond, oh well...... that's the nature of forums - someone posts, the others respond.

Me personally? I would LOVE TO our Mods to recognize and to eliminate such product bashing threads from the very beginning!

And I asked Mods multiple times in the past to remove similar threads. What purpose they serve exactly, except cause bickering?  I am all for it, @Jacie!

Esteemed Contributor

@sonechko- and to add to all the nonsense, the person that bumped this thread only has 9 posts. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Riley exactly! I’m sure, there are many people, who aren’t into WEN for whatever their reason may be, and that’s fine. Though it does look to me, it’s not really them, who bumps old threads up, or starts new endless WEN bashing threads just in time for Chaz’ visits.

Because this repeat over and over again complaining practices and their timing, suspiciously smell of some definite ulterior motive these posters may have.  WEN is a very successful brand with high sales volume, it’s very possible, the competition would love to knock WEN off the market.

They can’t beat WEN in quality and popularity, but they can post nasties! That they can do - it’s easy! 😀

Trusted Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

The settlement by Guthy-Renker did not admit fault, and it was for a small amount of money per person.  No trial occurred, and the lawyers for the people suing settled because they knew that they couldn't prove their case in court, and their clients got a little money, and they got their lawyer's fees.

------------------------------------------------------------------

i.e., Guthy-Renker paid the plaintiffs to go away and that's just what happened.

Honored Contributor

Well said @sonechko, well said! 🙂 You’re a great spokesperson for us Wenners!
Regular Contributor

@FuzzyFace
What excactly is rude about the comments or post? You’re the one who is rude making comments like this. Everyone has an opinion and individual experience with WEN. Some excellent some not so. Sorry if it’s a “dumb question” to you, to me it wasn’t. But your bashing others is really not cool.
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @Katilein! Woman Happy Great to hear an opinion from the OP on this! 

Regular Contributor

I was actually really surprised by all the replies, which aren’t all civil. A few years ago I could’ve not lived without WEN either, ordered the gallon and a few other things. I loved the way my long hair looked, but I did lose lots of it in the shower. I guess I didn’t want to blame it on WEN. But when I went overseas for a month i didn’t have the hair loss problem, it only returned after I came back, so sadly I stopped using WEN. I still haven’t found a good replacement, so I keep looking.
Honored Contributor

@Maloyo wrote:

I only use the regular Sweet Almond Mint; I've tried some of the others but frankly, I didn't like them and in general don't like food smells in personal products (I use Philosophy Amazing Grace stuff but you'll never catch me trying Gingerbread man or something similar.  I get Josie Maran's unscented products sometimes).  I do not use any other WEN products; I'm okay with cheap drugstore stuff for slight leave in conditioning and fly-away or frizz control.      

@Maloyo - A little OT. I was new to Philosophy (except for getting a Christmas set over 30 years ago called "A Year of Philosophy." It was nothing like it is now and there were sample sizes of products for each month. I don't remember any shower gel at all.) until a few years ago. I didn't know how it "worked," and I didn't realize the scent would be gone - except for what you use - once I left the shower. Anyway, someone talked me into Gingerbread Man. That is SO not anything I would ever want, but she told me I wouldn't regret it. It smells just like gingerale! I was so surprised! Like you, I'm not crazy about food smells for the most part - except I'm a "seasonal" girl when it comes to WEN. But I really do like this one. If you don't mind gingerale, you might want to try it sometime!

Now don't get me started on candles that smell like food. Except for peppermint at the holidays, I don't want to smell those burning either! 

I'm a WEN lover too - SAM or POM for my first cleanse; always a seasonal for my 2nd. Smiley Happy