Honored Contributor

Re: This is how the European women do it or wear it or use it

On 7/19/2014 BellaCarro said: OP does have a point, IMO. Often the host or vendor will offer how European women wear things, what skincare they use, etc, as a selling point. As if we need to or should emulate European women. Wonder if they reverse it and tell Europeans how the Americans do things on the overseas shopping channels?

LOL, somehow I doubt it- it may actually be a NON-sales tactic there. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

My soon-to-be ex-husband is from N. Ireland. We lived there & England and traveled Europe all the time. My in-laws used to chat all the time about "those Americans" who don't know how to do their hair or maintain a great complexion.....but then always requested hair & face products from me.

I've noticed great hair, face, teeth and fashion, both in the USA & UK/Europe. I've also been shocked in horror in both places. Here, we're sold European everything. There, everything is American. The grass is always greener?

Honored Contributor

But no one has whiter teeth than Americans!

Honored Contributor

On 7/19/2014 Sister Golden Hair said:

Our daughter-in-law is half-Swedish and she isn't any different from a woman in the U.S. She likes nice clothes, wears make-up, takes a bath every day (sometimes 2 if she has worked outside) and has beautiful hair.

It is like saying everyone that lives in Missouri only has gone as far as the 5th grade and have outhouses. Oh, and we go barefoot all the time.

Sheesh.....some of my Eastern relatives don't think we have paved streets and running water in AZ, either (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Desertdi, you mean you have all that down there{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor

On 7/19/2014 Desertdi said:

Our daughter-in-law is half-Swedish and she isn't any different from a woman in the U.S. She likes nice clothes, wears make-up, takes a bath every day (sometimes 2 if she has worked outside) and has beautiful hair.

It is like saying everyone that lives in Missouri only has gone as far as the 5th grade and have outhouses. Oh, and we go barefoot all the time.

Sheesh.....some of my Eastern relatives don't think we have paved streets and running water in AZ, either (!)

Oh, you do, then?! Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Desertdi, you mean you have all that down there{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Yeah.....and "they" think I have heat stroke when I tell them we have 3 of the biggest power plants in the country........providing electricity for most of the SW..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

On 7/19/2014 HappyDaze said:

But no one has whiter teeth than Americans! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Oh, that's the first thing I had to do whenever I was introduced - "smile, show your straight white teeth".

Super Contributor

When the in-laws were planning for their first visit to AZ they asked if they would need a car or if everything was walking distance........I so wanted to insinuate it was just like a scene from Rawhide, Little House on the Prairie, Bonanza, etc., but I didn't. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

On 7/19/2014 F1wild said:

When the in-laws were planning for their first visit to AZ they asked if they would need a car or if everything was walking distance........I so wanted to insinuate it was just like a scene from Rawhide, Little House on the Prairie, Bonanza, etc., but I didn't. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

That's hilarious............but, then again, one of my Chicago pals asked me if there were a lot of teepees around where I live................

♥Surface of the Sun♥