Honored Contributor

I do great with Strivectin!  

Why fix something that isn't even broken when my MD asked me why I looked 20 years younger than all of his other patients my age?

Honored Contributor
The moisture in your skin comes from water. Period. Whether it be in the environment or what is in your body naturally 'moisturizer' is a misnomer. Products seal in the moisture already in your skin like balms etc., because that same environment can suck out moisture, or help your skin to absorb the moisture naturally in the environment (humidity). When purchasing a product called moisturizer one should ask themselves 'what is in it that helps me retain the moisture already in my skin?' It may feel nice and your skin may even glow but it's not really adding moisture to your skin! Exfoliation also plays a very important role in keeping your skin moisturized as it brings the new skin cells to the surface when it gets rid of the dry dead skin cells. Just a little food for thought when shopping....
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Who would spend $40 for moisturizer?  Or $60 or 200?  Who would buy an RV?  Who would go bowling?  Who would want a ferret?  I don't know.  People have money and spend it on stuff.  Mostly on stuff they don't need, so how do you judge that sort of thing? 

HaHaHaHa....I would buy a ferret before I would buy LaMer!

@phoenixbrd   Well THERE YOU HAVE IT!!!!!!  LOL!!!!!!!!  Thank you!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

I have not used this creme, but of course have heard about it.  This point in time I can't afford.  If i could afford it I probably would try.  have tried Perricone moisturizer & it isn't special for me.  Having very dry skin and being 73 I will try any moisturizer I can afford.

Frequent Contributor

Sooo true.  Healthy diet & lots of water & exfoliation.

Honored Contributor

Re: This is hard to Believe

[ Edited ]

My muhungous vat of coconut oil costs $17 at COSTCO and lasts for YEARS.

Honored Contributor

The critical issue is genes.  I am past the 50s and still have  a  greasy little face.  I just can't tolerate moisturizers.  Now WHO would have thought that???  I have good skin from my parents, but it breaks out so easily. . . 

Do you really think  other than keep your skin hydrated ANY of this stuff really makes a difference?

Honored Contributor

Probably the same person, who would spend $2000 on a pizza

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

The economy size saving you over $700 is La Mer Moisturizing Cream 16.5 oz.  Who in their right mind would spend $2,060.00 for moisturizer?  I could not believe what I was seeing.  The normal size moisturizer is almost $500. I just had to share this info. with you.  I won't be purchasing.  Cat Very Happy  BTW,  Happy New Year, Beauties!

@Katcat1

Someone with more money than brains?   LOL 

Super Contributor

I'll stick with my neutrogena and I can honestly say even if I did have money to spend like that I would never spend that much on a moisturizer