Honored Contributor

Re: This is NOT YOUR GRANDMOTHER's PONDs

On 2/7/2015 Shelbelle said:

Is it still mineral oil and/or petro based like the originals?

It's not a cleanser but an AHA moisturizer. It does contain some mineral oil, which wouldn't bother me, but also a strong dose of fragrance, which would bother me. It's housed in a jar, which is fine with some people and not so fine for others. And it is not for those who refuse to use any products from companies that test on animals.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I did not know they still made ponds

Trusted Contributor

Hi ladies-

Thanks for your input. Shellbelle so sorry to hear you can not use it. Smiley Sad I just ran to Walmart really quick (hate going there, but it was close) and they had the Ponds with also a sample size of the PONDS Clarant B3. And this too was in a small jar not a small half a smear sample you usually get. There is also $2.00 off coupon on their website PONDS dot com.

Trusted Contributor

Also wanted to add if you go to their website they have before and after pictures of women that have been using it! WOW! You can really see a difference. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I got the Walmart box and I like this product too. I thought I may have some sort of reaction to it but found it to be gentle.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/7/2015 colliemom3 said:

I got the Walmart box and I like this product too. I thought I may have some sort of reaction to it but found it to be gentle.

Hi! Yes me too! I couldn't believe it! The price is right too! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

So .... is it just a moisturizer ..... or does it firm and / or reduce wrinkles? What does it say it does?

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/7/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

So .... is it just a moisturizer ..... or does it firm and / or reduce wrinkles? What does it say it does? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

On the jar: "Firms skin and visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines in 2 weeks."

It smells exactly like my Mom's old Ponds, yet more so. It is actually too strong for me, and I wouldn't know where I would want to use it.

I only got that one for the little jar sample of the Clarant B3, which is also too scented (for me).

brunette, I am glad you are seeing good results! AHAs are very well suited to my skin; I use the Alpha Hydrox things.

Honored Contributor

65 and Fabulous - after reading you post - I got to thinking - My Mom had the most beautiful skin. I often wondered how my skin looked so bad and hers was picture perfect. And the only thing she every used on her skin was Ponds. Her bathroom was not cluttered with skin care products because she only used Ponds.

I have storage tubs filled with skin care stuff and my skin does not look anywhere near as nice as her skin looked.

Brunette8706 - Thanks for bringing up the subject.

Super Contributor

I see on their website that they also have a crème for fading brown spots. I really like Ponds cold crème so will check it out.