Respected Contributor
I don’t know why you think this is targeting young girls. It’s a tie in with a tv series rated MA. The show is really geared toward young adults.

My son is 16. I’ve never seen any of the girls in his circle wear near this much makeup.
Respected Contributor

There is so little, if any, class left in this world.   Our young people have enought to contend with while growning up.  So little is left to the imagination.  Sad.  I worry about my little grandchildren and what life will be like when they reach their pre-teen and teen years.

Honored Contributor

@findjanedoe wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@Venezia 

All I know about the perfume (or not perfume) is it's supposed to last longer.

@monicakm - Thanks.  I just don't know why they have to mention a GUN (their capitals) to sell a "not perfume".  I guess I'm just sensitive about guns in the world we live in today.  Seems odd.

According to its creator the name, Juliette Has a Gun, is an analogy for fragrance as a weapon of seduction.

@findjanedoe - Thanks for the explanation.  I'm afraid for me it's a big fail.  I'd never buy anything with a name like that.  (Not sure how a gun is a weapon of seduction either - if I saw someone with a gun, I'd run.)

I think it's just another attempt to get attention any way possible.

Frequent Contributor

Corrie ten Boom said in her book she asked her father what was sex.  He told her that was too heavy of a baggage for a little girl to carry.  That is what is we do to our children.  We weigh them down with adult situations.  Morals are gone.

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 

I don't understand how anyone could think it's NOT targeting young girls.

School backpack and notebook

Young girls faces with heart tattoos or stickers

Young looking packaging.  The whole vibe of the art/photos and layout.  It's nothing that would cause me to look twice had I not been on Trendmood looking for new makeup and saw the-in-your-face advertising for teen sex.

This woman is clearly not advertising makeup for young girls.  She is on a website for 7 Natural Makeup Brands For Mature Skin.  See the difference?  I understand the NYX products are tied in with a tv show.  I don't understand how that makes a difference.  

I'm done.  I won't comment on it again.  It's fine to disagree.  

Now, off to find more new makeup.  I'm "just looking" Smiley Happy  

Speaking of just looking, do women still window shop?  I haven't heard that term in decades.  My husband recently asked me "don't you know how to window shop?" lol

Do you guys go out to stores and look, knowing you're not going to buy anything?  

7 Natural Makeup Brands For Mature Skin

Respected Contributor

@Marceil wrote:

Corrie ten Boom said in her book she asked her father what was sex.  He told her that was too heavy of a baggage for a little girl to carry.  That is what is we do to our children.  We weigh them down with adult situations.  Morals are gone. 

She was 10 or 11, and had read a poem in school, with the word "sexsin" in it. Being too embarassed to ask her teacher about the word, she asked her mother, who "blushed scarlet." Receiving no answer, she eventually asked her father. In those days, such things were rarely discussed in families. In this century, a 10 or 11 year old child should receive honest answers to such questions. It is the job of a parent or guardian to educate and guide a child without dodging questions and causing embarassment. No, morals are not gone.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@NicksmomESQ

Many parents are absent . Many parents  do not know what their children are watching or saying  or speaking  with on social media . Many parents haven't a clue what  their children are buying or doing. Yes, parents should be  monitoring and helping their children navigate through this world of debauchery  but it isn't happening . Just look at the insider whistleblower reports abt Facebook and Instagram how they have done reserach for yrs abt their platform how it is toxic to young girls  self esteem  and image , but yet they keep this quiet and denied allegations .

It's an uphill battle for most parents now adays

@skatting44  I understand what you're saying.But the responsibility still lies with the parents. Kids are a lot of work. They don't raise themselves.If you want you're kids to thrive you have to do the hard work. You can't expect "others" to do it for you.If you don't you will pay the price.
  I monitored my sons computer time. I monitored the video games he played & the amount of time he spent on them.I monitored his television time.I made sure he did his schoolwork first.I kept him away from the bad influences. It wasn't easy. But I did it. Because I put in the time my son is a responsible, respectful & very successful adult.

"You reap what you sow".

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl - So true! 

I had a Girl Scout troop of 4th through 6th grade girls, including DD. She was the ONLY one in the group who had never seen Friends, I made a point of telling the girls they were watching fiction. Not many kids in their 20's have such a carefree NYC lifestyle! We monitored every TV show that was on, and no computers were in the bedrooms in our home. (I had a friend who was an FBI agent. She told me about computer use and the dangers.)

In 7th grade she went to a "cool girl's" birthday party. Boys were there too. The PARENTS let them watch American Pie! I didn't know them, and I wasn't the only parent upset about this. When I picked her up I asked if she had any questions. She said no and changed the subject. She stopped hanging out with that group of girls! 

I think it's about celebrity role models too. There aren't too many who look and act their age.

Parenting is not easy. And companies like NYX don't really care. They welcome the controversy.  Smiley Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm That's all you can do.

My point was simply that this isn't new. Not by a long shot. And nothing has changed because the vast majority don't see it as a big deal. My choice? I don't purchase anything from the line of ANY company that does this. The companies I mentioned in my prior post are those I don't see my money. Do I honestly believe it makes a difference to them or that they care? Not one bit. But, as you said, you follow your moral compass. I walk with my money. There it is.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

Re: This is Disgusting!

[ Edited ]

@bargainsgirl wrote:

There is so little, if any, class left in this world.   Our young people have enought to contend with while growning up.  So little is left to the imagination.  Sad.  I worry about my little grandchildren and what life will be like when they reach their pre-teen and teen years.

@bargainsgirl 

I'm a psychiatric nurse and we're seeing a frightening increase in younger patients.  They are engaging in activities that are so risky I can't even describe them on this forum.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~