Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Venezia 

All I know about the perfume (or not perfume) is it's supposed to last longer.

@monicakm - Thanks.  I just don't know why they have to mention a GUN (their capitals) to sell a "not perfume".  I guess I'm just sensitive about guns in the world we live in today.  Seems odd.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: This is Disgusting!

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ

Many parents are absent . Many parents  do not know what their children are watching or saying  or speaking  with on social media . Many parents haven't a clue what  their children are buying or doing. Yes, parents should be  monitoring and helping their children navigate through this world of debauchery  but it isn't happening . Just look at the insider whistleblower reports abt Facebook and Instagram how they have done reserach for yrs abt their platform how it is toxic to young girls  self esteem  and image , but yet they keep this quiet and denied allegations .

It's an uphill battle for most parents now adays

Trusted Contributor

JulIette Has A Gun Not A Perfume was recently on QVC.

Trusted Contributor

Urban Decay, Nars, OPI, Essie, KVD and so many more (how about Tom Fords' items plus his advertising?) have used names like this and woman do and say nothing for the most part. The beat goes on.

FYI: NYX is not a brand that markets to teens. It's a makeup artist brand like MAC that is now mass marketed and makes some amazing theatrical makeup (one of the reason it is so popular with stage performers) at an inexpensive price. You might as well put Wet and Wild, Maybelline, Milani and other drug store lines in the same group for teens if you think NYX is geared towards them.

Very simply, don't buy it if you don't agree with it. Don't give your kids money to buy it either. Discuss the names and their meanings with your teens and ask why they think it's no big deal (if they do). Believe me, all this fuss is a GOLD MIND to NYX as it's free advertising. They LOVE it!

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

The names of these products sound a lot like stuff kids talked about when I was in elementary school...and we didn't even have the internet back then.

I'm more concerned about the fact that a lot of kids have instant access to hard core, explicit adult content on the web than I am about the names of these products.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

And while we're at it - what's with "Juliette Has a GUN not Perfume" thing?  Is there something I'm not getting about that?  Is that also tied up with some tv series?

@Venezia  Perhaps Juliette has a dangerous stalker and is exercising her legal right to protect herself.

Valued Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

And while we're at it - what's with "Juliette Has a GUN not Perfume" thing?  Is there something I'm not getting about that?  Is that also tied up with some tv series?

@Venezia  Perhaps Juliette has a dangerous stalker and is exercising her legal right to protect herself.

😂 

@mistriTsquirrel  Love your posts!!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @Swedishmiss 

Respected Contributor

My girlfriends daughter was active at 10 so I can understand the marketing, girls are "involved'" earlier than mom knows.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm ,  I find the names distasteful and I won't buy any products.  I believe this is times we are living in...anything goes, and take it a step further.  Some get swept along thinking, oh well, this is the new norm,  go for it.    I find it sad, while there are so many other beautiful choices to name a product.   I'm out!!...Glad you spoke up 👍.