Respected Contributor

Re: This Parfum Lover would like some perfume shows!

@chrystaltreeYes best to buy a perfume here that is a re-purchase of what you already like & they should give some free samples. Even with makeup purchases, we should have a choice of other makeup or parfum samples. Anything that pertains to beauty. It would certainly give them more sales.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella Maybe because it's better made (?) but I do know that never has any of my Channel #5 turned to alcohol.

I've had other perfumes who have turned to alcohol after awhile.  Never Channel #5.

I remember my oldest daughter wanted a perfume that was very very (and another very) expensive.  She was only around 15 at the time.

This is the daughter who wanted to study in France (then changed her mind when we were ready to make it happen), spent a ton of money in very expensive fashion magazines, etc.  She wanted to be a model but didn't have 'the look' or the height.

Anyway, I bought a tiny amount of the perfume (I can't even remember the name of it now) and she never wore it.  She was 'saving it'.  Ha!

Perfume can get expensive.  I think good perfume is worth it.

Honored Contributor

Isn't this kind of like selling fashion on the radio?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

For those that say they would not buy, think of all the philosophy fragrances, remember tova?They sold and sell hundreds of thousands.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Joan Rivers was such a smart cookie. When you bought a piece of her jewelry, they would enclose a sample of her Now and Forever perfume. I fell in love with it from the sample and bought a bottle of it. I'm sure many others did the same thing. 

Perfume is something you can't describe. You've gotta stick your nose into it and SNIFF Woman Very Happy

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

Ladies tho, Sephora is very generous with free samples. If you go to their stores during the week when it is not busy, they will gladly decant a bottle & give you a sample or a few. Don't be shy to ask. You don't need to purchase. 

Nordstroms is very generous as well. They'll fill up those sample bottles and give you enough to last a good while. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

I Hope a poster that was looking for a good deal on Clinque Happy Perfume reads this this offer at Norstroms. They are having a sale on a Happy set for 37.50 on the Norstrom site. Offered is a 3.4 oz Parfum...body cream...hand cream & a dual ended rollerball perfume w a lip gloss. Great Deal for anyone who loves Happy!

Respected Contributor

@sunalaYes I love Nordtroms. In Fact they have perfumes that I like that Sephora does not carry. Some niche brands. Yes they are generous with samples also. Sephora is near me & also Norstroms. 

Honored Contributor

@Kabella  Samples would be nice but unless you own the perfume, I am hesistant about ordering online although I did it once and actually lucked out.  I doubt I would do that again.  

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1I agree, testing sample is what I do. I did blind buy once & returned.