Respected Contributor

Re: This New Board is What Happened to HSN.........

Exactly! Thought I couldn't live without the HSN bds.  Well, haven't been on them all year.  Guess that is the direction it's heading here too which is sad.

Frequent Contributor

Has it dawned on anyone that making these forums, etc. as terrible as possible will cause use to plummet and then the Q can get rid of them for good?

There is no reason to have these forums and obviously making them available is a pain in the behind.

Trusted Contributor

Here is my two cents:

Before the change to this format, much of why I came to the Forum influenced to a degree what I took interest in at QVC and/or the purchases I made. Of course I enjoy the friendships and social aspects here.

I do not use the hosts Facebook or other media to interest me in them or QVC and their products, nor do I spend time on the QVC website to just browse and shop. So basically the changes made to the new format are a severe negative to me and my use of QVC and their products. I can state now that things have already come to almost a complete standstill and I believe shortly it could be the end of my account and use of QVC totally.

This change to me is disasterous enough for me to seriously consider withdrawal completely because I do not believe what they did benefits us in any way and wasn't meant to do so. I also don't like the "power trip" it seems to have given the moderators from days gone by.

I can not tolerate the new positions taken against us in general. I'm pondering if it is worth remaining here and using this forum or just giving it up for good to withdraw myself from their  "moderating" capabilities.

It's not the only rodeo in town after all.

Trusted Contributor

Here are my two cents:

Before the change to this format, much of why I came to the Forum influenced to a degree what I took interest in at QVC and/or the purchases I made. Of course I enjoy the friendships and social aspects here.

I do not use the hosts Facebook or other media to interest me in them or QVC and their products, nor do I spend time on the QVC website to just browse and shop. So basically the changes made to the new format are a severe negative to me and my use of QVC and their products. I can state now that things have already come to almost a complete standstill and I believe shortly it could be the end of my account and use of QVC totally.

This change to me is disasterous enough for me to seriously consider withdrawal completely because I do not believe what they did benefits us in any way and wasn't meant to do so. I also don't like the "power trip" it seems to have given the moderators from days gone by.

I can not tolerate the new positions taken against us in general. I'm pondering if it is worth remaining here and using this forum or just giving it up for good to withdraw myself from their  "moderating" capabilities.

It's not the only rodeo in town after all.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lannie wrote:

I am not saying I will no longer purchase at Q because of the boards.  I am saying this reminds me of way back at HSN - it was a disaster for them.

And I AM one who does rely on the boards for what I purchase here.  I think a lot of us do. I rarely watch it on TV.

This I think will impact the Q in the long run, like it did HSN, unless they do something to improve this mess

HSN begs you to use their social media now. I guess the Q has ruined a good thing and will be begging in the future.

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

What in the world makes you think people need a discussion board in order to make purchases? lol... That is seriously incorrect thinking. 

I don't think so at all. I've heard many posters discuss something that I've bought.

Honored Contributor

I have to agree.  I always thought the HSN board was bland and quiet, compared to the QVC board.  I didn't know why anyone would spend time there.  Now the QVC board has become just like the HSN board! 

Contributor

So is anyone listening????? This new forum is AWFUL. It is too time consuming to work thru. I won't be back often but maybe that's what QVC wants...less people on the board saying bad things about their products and prices???