Trusted Contributor

Re: This HAS to work....regarding NuFace

@dogsx3 wrote:

What i find interesting is ...we all have a "better" side of our face. If you notice the models only use it on one side, and the side differs from each model. 

If you notice perricone does the same thing...models using different sides of their faces. I would be more impressed if they said... "we are going to use this on the same side of each of the models face." That would be a real example of the results.

Respected Contributor

It all comes down to........YOU MUST USE IT EVERYDAY! The results are cumulative NOT PERMANENT! Meaning once you quit using it your back to square one. The question you have to ask yourself before purchasing is: “Am I committed to using this everyday.” 😱
Honored Contributor

@MsCatLuver wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The anatomy of the face, regarding the muscles, is unique and different from any of the other muscles on the body. Artificially stimulating or doing facial exercises is not backed up by science enough to definitively say whether or not it really works, which leads one to only speculate as to how effective a device like this might be.

@SilleeMee Happy New Year.  I haven’t done any research on this topic..but, I’m sure you have Woman Happy  

I will say, from MY OWN n=1 experience, that the NuFace has definitely LIFTED my brows and eye area (lids have more “revealed” surface area).  This is objective - anyone can see the before & after difference.  I believe the rest of my face has benefitted also...although not as dramatically (yet?)

Any thoughts as to WHY microcurrent has delivered results for me?

@MsCatLuver,

All I really know about microcurrent stimulation is that it is FDA approved. But as for using it on the face to get a lifting effect, that may not be just from the microcurrent alone but also from the upward motion of using that device. Too many variables to consider to make an accurate assessment of whether or not the NuFace really works based on microcurrent technology exclusively.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A couple or three years ago, a poster mentioned that the NuFace product was initially created and used for people who had strokes. Don't recall if it was called NuFace then. But she said that the medical field used it on people who had no movement in their face, and that this device (or an earlier version of it) stimulated the muscles to work so stroke victims could more quickly recover in areas affected. I assume that is how it got its FDA clearance.

Perhaps someone else remembers who that poster was. I do remember, though, that she provided a link to some scientific evidence (effects of stimulating the muscle) that the product's claim was based upon. I think she also mentioned some other similar product that did a similar thing as NuFace.

I definitely see a difference when I watch the models. And I recall the vendor saying that the models have to promise not to use NuFace on the other side of their face, to ensure there is a comparison to see when they are asked to demonstrate it. I believe the same goes for the models of Perricone's Daily Facial Cream, which can tighten up one side of the face when demonstrated.

I think if you use NuFace, that you just incorporate it into your routine. Like brushing your teeth every day, taking a shower, etc., you have to keep doing it or the effects go back to where you were when you started. So you should be ready to commit to it.

I think if one is on the fence, they should try it. It can always be returned. Also, depending upon where you live, you might be able to go to a salon/spa that uses the product and see for yourself before committing to purchasing it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ILTH wrote:

Gravity, ligaments, tendons, loss of collagen and elastin, the fact that the facial muscles are attached to each other and not bone. Muscles are attached to bones by ligaments and tendons. Ligaments and tendons cannot be exercised, they weaken and lengthen with age. Skin and muscles are pulled down in a mask, unlike other body muscles that are attached individually to bones. 

@ILTH

Ligaments and tendons are both connective tissues but their function differs.  Ligaments attach bone to bone and tendons attach muscle to bone.  

Muscle contraction (thru exercise) stimulate both tendons and ligaments to become stronger and to grow in thickness.  They take longer than muscles do (to increase in strength) as they are less metabolically active than muscles, but they do indeed get stronger with proper exercise. 

The  "lag" in both tendons and ligaments to adapt to exercise (and the lack of attention given to target exercises for both, accounts for many muscular injuries sustained in training.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/tendon-and-ligament-training-for-greater-gains.html

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the battery operated NuFace that takes the 9 volt battery. When I use it as directed it really does work! Not results you would get from a facelift of course but it works for me.  When I stop using because I get lazy I do notice  a difference and its not good!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

A couple or three years ago, a poster mentioned that the NuFace product was initially created and used for people who had strokes. Don't recall if it was called NuFace then. But she said that the medical field used it on people who had no movement in their face, and that this device (or an earlier version of it) stimulated the muscles to work so stroke victims could more quickly recover in areas affected. I assume that is how it got its FDA clearance.

Perhaps someone else remembers who that poster was. I do remember, though, that she provided a link to some scientific evidence (effects of stimulating the muscle) that the product's claim was based upon. I think she also mentioned some other similar product that did a similar thing as NuFace.

I definitely see a difference when I watch the models. And I recall the vendor saying that the models have to promise not to use NuFace on the other side of their face, to ensure there is a comparison to see when they are asked to demonstrate it. I believe the same goes for the models of Perricone's Daily Facial Cream, which can tighten up one side of the face when demonstrated.

I think if you use NuFace, that you just incorporate it into your routine. Like brushing your teeth every day, taking a shower, etc., you have to keep doing it or the effects go back to where you were when you started. So you should be ready to commit to it.

I think if one is on the fence, they should try it. It can always be returned. Also, depending upon where you live, you might be able to go to a salon/spa that uses the product and see for yourself before committing to purchasing it.

The Facial Flex was originally developed to help stroke patients.  Perhaps NuFace was as well.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Ligaments and tendons are both connective tissues but their function differs.  Ligaments attach bone to bone and tendons attach muscle to bone.  

Muscle contraction (thru exercise) stimulate both tendons and ligaments to become stronger and to grow in thickness.  They take longer than muscles do (to increase in strength) as they are less metabolically active than muscles, but they do indeed get stronger with proper exercise. 

The  "lag" in both tendons and ligaments to adapt to exercise (and the lack of attention given to target exercises for both, accounts for many muscular injuries sustained in training.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/tendon-and-ligament-training-for-greater-gains.html

@QueenDanceALot Based on your above statement (paraphrased)...that connective tissue CAN be trained to become stronger via stimulation of muscle contraction...do YOU believe that a device like NF can firm the face by stimulating BOTH muscle and connective tissue?

@SilleeMee. Any thoughts?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@MsCatLuver wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

The anatomy of the face, regarding the muscles, is unique and different from any of the other muscles on the body. Artificially stimulating or doing facial exercises is not backed up by science enough to definitively say whether or not it really works, which leads one to only speculate as to how effective a device like this might be.

@SilleeMee Happy New Year.  I haven’t done any research on this topic..but, I’m sure you have Woman Happy  

I will say, from MY OWN n=1 experience, that the NuFace has definitely LIFTED my brows and eye area (lids have more “revealed” surface area).  This is objective - anyone can see the before & after difference.  I believe the rest of my face has benefitted also...although not as dramatically (yet?)

Any thoughts as to WHY microcurrent has delivered results for me?

@MsCatLuver,

All I really know about microcurrent stimulation is that it is FDA approved. But as for using it on the face to get a lifting effect, that may not be just from the microcurrent alone but also from the upward motion of using that device. Too many variables to consider to make an accurate assessment of whether or not the NuFace really works based on microcurrent technology exclusively.

Ha ha, @SilleeMee, this made me think of something.  You know how people can raise one eyebrow?  When I was younger I couldn't do it.  But, I used to jokingly take my finger and raise my right eyebrow in cases when one might normally raise an eyebrow.  One day I realized I could now raise that eyebrow without assistance from my finger and I can still do it to this day, but not the other eyebrow.  That eyebrow is also now higher than the other eyebrow.  It may have always been, but it's more noticeable to me now if it was.  Now I think I need to start working on the other one to even things up.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Naturesbeauty Very true....however, that is also true for the development (hypertrophy and prevention of atrophy for ALL body muscles...biceps, triceps, hamstrings, quads etc.

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
It all comes down to........YOU MUST USE IT EVERYDAY! The results are cumulative NOT PERMANENT! Meaning once you quit using it your back to square one. The question you have to ask yourself before purchasing is: “Am I committed to using this everyday.” 😱