Esteemed Contributor

Re: This HAS to work....regarding NuFace

[ Edited ]

I think maybe the type of results one gets also depends on what one is starting out with.  Someone with not very much sagging is likely to see better results than someone with pronounced jowling.  I also think being consistent with use is important.  I got the isomers version.  It gave a nice subtle temporary result but I just didn't like using it every day.  I feel like I get just as good a daily temporary result with nurse Jane's face roller thingy, maybe due to the lymph node massage.  It's quicker and easier.  I don't mind a temporary result by the way.  If I use it every day anyway, why does it matter?  I don't think anything but surgery will do the trick in that regard anyway  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the original with changeable heads but also did not like using it.  Slathering on gel and making sure you don't injure your skin which I did by the way on one side of my face.  Gel had gotten too dry.  I felt a sting and I now have a permanent burn mark that I have to cover with my cc cream.  

Also, the cord that came with mine had a short in it.  I figured this out when it would not charge and I borrowed the cord of a friend to see if I was correct and her cord charged up my unit just fine.  The cord was thin and if you wound it too tightly when you put it away could break the connection and/or short it out.  

I had called NuFace directly as I was sure they were aware of this as I couldn't possibly be the only one it ever happened to and got a song and dance.  It was from repeated calls and asking for a supervisor that I got someone to ship me out a new cord.  That put a really bad taste in my mouth though.  The snarkiness I had to deal with to get a new cord. 

Hopefully, they have improved the c/s and the thickness of their cord.  Like I said this was an early model of the NuFace.  I stopped using it years ago after getting that burn mark and will eventually sell it I suppose on Ebay.  

Respected Contributor

@MsCatLuver wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I have one and used it faithfully for months.  I never LIKED using it!  I don't like having to wash my face again after using the gel.  I don't like having even to wipe it off as it bothers my now dry skin.

......................................................................................................

I can't get a handle on how long results last.  I still use the LightStim every other day after using it for a long time on a daily basis.

Now that I am experiencing weight loss, not having sagging is more important than ever to me!

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003  What results are you achieving with the Lightstim? TIA

@MsCatLuver

To be honest, I have used it for so long that I am not sure how to describe with/without.  I started using it every day for a long time.  Now I use it every other day.  Since they have ones that take care of your whole face at one time now, I would consider those!

I do think it has helped with overall collagen production and strength of my skin.  However, I use Retin-A also.  But listening to the science convinced me, and I just use it watching television at night.  It is warm, so it can feel good too.  If you're interested, read up on the science on their website or elsewhere and see if you think it's a good choice for you.  I paid about $200 for it, and have continued its use.

Hope this helps a little.

Hyacinth