Super Contributor

This HAS to work....regarding NuFace

So, please help me understand why NuFace is not a “fountain of youth” anti-sagging device for EVERYONE who uses it both correctly and consistently. Let’s examine the FACTS (?)

1). I’m accepting as FACT that the vendor/spokesperson is accurate regarding the anatomy of the face (muscles & skin) or legal dept. would not allow her to discuss the topic and anyone with a basic knowledge of facial anatomy would refute her statements.

2) I’m also accepting as FACT that the proper level/amount of microcurrent stimulates facial muscles to increase muscle firmness (growth???) or at least prevent atrophy of facial muscles. Or,again, I think legal dept. would not allow product on QVC and experts in facial muscles (scientists, physicians, physical therapists etc) would refute this claim.

SO...again...shouldn’t this device work for 100% of users IF used “as directed” with proper FORM & CONSISTANCY?  

Don’t all muscles in the body GROW if stimulated (by weights, electrical current, or stress - even the heart enlarges due to certain medical stress conditions)

BTW, I have a NuFace and it has worked for me.  I just wonder why it is not the Holy grail  product for every user.

Thanks for your opinions 

Honored Contributor

Re: This HAS to work....regarding NuFace

@MsCatLuver---I have no idea!!! But-----I am wondering, as everyones skin, muscles, structure is unique --' what works for one may not for another.Basic understanding of a process is well and good but we all age differently, family genes have to come into play here too. I am 64 and have lovely skin due to genes--very few lines and wrinkles and a little sagging. And being consistent with the program has to be a big plus too. I am not very patient that way. Not sure I would buy one but maybe----have shocked a few peeps who LOOK way older than me and are much younger, when I tell them my age. I don't look my 64 years. Luck of the draw, I think.  But great if it works for you!!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gravity, ligaments, tendons, loss of collagen and elastin, the fact that the facial muscles are attached to each other and not bone. Muscles are attached to bones by ligaments and tendons. Ligaments and tendons cannot be exercised, they weaken and lengthen with age. Skin and muscles are pulled down in a mask, unlike other body muscles that are attached individually to bones. 

Frequent Contributor

I recently purchased the NuFace mini and am enjoying using it. I haven't had it long enough to comment upon seeing any results.

I am taking a guess as to why some users say the NuFace doesn't work for them. Some may have unrealistic expectations, some have complained about a metallic taste in their mouth and discontinued using the device. I think I read some women experienced headaches when using the NuFace and they too discontinued using the device. These are some reasons why the NuFace "didn't work" for some users. As I said, I am just guessing, but I think unrealistic expectations is probably the number one reason amongst the group that said it didn't work for them.

Honored Contributor

The anatomy of the face, regarding the muscles, is unique and different from any of the other muscles on the body. Artificially stimulating or doing facial exercises is not backed up by science enough to definitively say whether or not it really works, which leads one to only speculate as to how effective a device like this might be.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

Once again! The voice of common sense. No surprise. Woman Wink

Super Contributor

@ILTH Your explanation makes sense. Thanks so much!

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The anatomy of the face, regarding the muscles, is unique and different from any of the other muscles on the body. Artificially stimulating or doing facial exercises is not backed up by science enough to definitively say whether or not it really works, which leads one to only speculate as to how effective a device like this might be.

@SilleeMee Happy New Year.  I haven’t done any research on this topic..but, I’m sure you have Woman Happy  

I will say, from MY OWN n=1 experience, that the NuFace has definitely LIFTED my brows and eye area (lids have more “revealed” surface area).  This is objective - anyone can see the before & after difference.  I believe the rest of my face has benefitted also...although not as dramatically (yet?)

Any thoughts as to WHY microcurrent has delivered results for me?

Esteemed Contributor

@MsCatLuver

Have you compared microcurrent units? The Isomers' one, for example? Both use microcurrent but work in a different manner.

The NuFace has those nodes which you use to massage the skin upward. (You can achieve this with hand massage, though not w/ microcurrent.) In the Isomers one, you keep the unit stationary, where it seems to simulate "massaging" the facial pressure points.

In all these cases: the hand manipulation facial massage, the NuFace or the Isomers microcurrent - they only give temporary results. You need to invest time to achieve any visible result. And repeat and repeat...only good for as long as you use or do them.

Like the Nurse Jamie roller. A device for facial massage.

At this point, I do not think microcurrent gives any more lasting effect than other forms of facial muscle stimulation. It helps for temporary uplift. Also, we do not build collagen in our facial muscles, but in our skin composition. So, it's no help there.

I tried the Isomers one, but I can achieve the same results with facial pressure point stimulation. I use the Nurse Jamie roller every now & then. But I also do a light facial massage every morning, mimicking the NuFace (w/o the microcurrent). 

There's just more than one way to skin the cat, as the saying goes, although it's very short-term. (Like eating and brushing your teeth for good health every day.)

Trusted Contributor

What i find interesting is ...we all have a "better" side of our face. If you notice the models only use it on one side, and the side differs from each model.