Honored Contributor

This Country Should Have The Most Youthful and Beautiful Woman in the World

Because we all buy so much beauty cream and makeup.

Good grief!  Between all of us females buying different beauty products (i.e. makeup, creams to make us look younger, creams to prevent wrinkles and on and on) we should all look amazing!

When you consider how much money we all spend on this stuff and are constantly looking for something new, it seems like we'd all be amazing looking.....

I'm being facetious but it is true!  We do spend a lot of money on this stuff and I'm sorry to say if it was working we wouldn't still be looking for whatever works.....myself included in this epiphany.

Respected Contributor

Re: This Country Should Have The Most Youthful and Beautiful Woman in the World

Watching the dermatologist Dr Dray on YouTube has really helped me pare down my beauty regimen and is saving me tons of money! She cuts through the baloney and tells you what REALLY works: moisturizer, sunscreen and (if needed) a vitamin A derivative such as Retin-A. She doesn't believe in serums, eye creams, neck creams, etc. She's very informative and refreshing to watch!

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Because we all buy so much beauty cream and makeup.

Good grief!  Between all of us females buying different beauty products (i.e. makeup, creams to make us look younger, creams to prevent wrinkles and on and on) we should all look amazing!

When you consider how much money we all spend on this stuff and are constantly looking for something new, it seems like we'd all be amazing looking.....

I'm being facetious but it is true!  We do spend a lot of money on this stuff and I'm sorry to say if it was working we wouldn't still be looking for whatever works.....myself included in this epiphany.

Switch to Dior.  It made a huge difference in my skin and I won’t go anywhere else.  My skin looks better in my late 50’s than ever before.  Yes, I spend more money but I have tried cheaper brands and nothing worked as well as Dior.  I wait until I get 20% off at Sephora or 15% off at Nordstrom to buy the three pieces I use. 

Honored Contributor

I have for many years (since I was maybe in my 20's) used an exfoliant and water.

When I saw Dr. Denese I've always used a microfiber wash rag, water, and her facial pads, followed up by Hydroshield.

Depending on the weather (i.e. summer, winter, etc) I use different liquid makeup.  

But I don't have any wrinkles on my face and a few on my neck.  I think some is heredity, facial expression, never in the sun, and wash that skin really, really good every single day to get off dead skin.

You can look at people and tell they don't wash their face good.  

Esteemed Contributor

Knock on wood and I don't want to boast -- but I'm early 60s and don't have wrinkles. Moisturize twice a day. Clean  twice a day, more after exercising. Use sunscreen in my day moisturizer. Beginning to wear hats more when I go on walks in the sunshine and try to always wear large sunglasses in the sun. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

By many standards we actually do. We are very blessed to be so prosperous, ingenious, and industrious as a nation. We are definitely world reknowned for our dentistry and blindingly white smiles! I think it is very important to remember all the amazing abundance we have and be grateful for it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Not just this country.  Woman all over the world.

Respected Contributor

I am in my early 70's.  Do NOT have wrinkles!  Have never used anything on my face, neck or body except soap, water and moisturizer when I think of it.  Also have very little grey hair and what I do have blends in with my hair and looks more blonde than grey. It is starting to thin tho.  I do need to use moisturizer on my legs as they tend to be dry.  Other than that, I have never bought any skin care products.  They may possibly help some, but I don't think a creme or lotion is going to help us much.  The most important thing would be moisurizer but I don't think we get much better results from the more expensive ones.  I use Cerave and it has worked all these years for me.

What I do have is rough patches and bumps on my arms, legs, back.  I believe this is sun damage caused by my many years out in the sun all day before there was such a thing as sunblock.  Only had suntan lotion then.

Honored Contributor

If only i could make my granddaughter's understand how important sunscreen is , it damages the skin so much ,back in the 60's i baked in the sun trying to tan, never happened only terrible burns.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, loved your post and  have to agree. However, serously with all of the knowledge about the damaging sun, I would hope that the younger generation will look fantastic when they approach the "Golden Years."  There is no excuse anymore for sun damage. Those of us who grew up in the 50's and 60's thought it was so cool to have a tan. Even my daughter who is 38 used to bask in the sun. She now works for a derm and has seen the damage people sustain over the years. Plus we did not even know what SPF was. It didn't exist until Coppertone came out with an SPF4.