Honored Contributor

Re: This Color. Can I Wear It?

@monicakm - Check out bareMinerals The Beauty of Nature General Nude eyeshadow palette in Natural Oasis. It's limited edition and came out in late spring. I think it would be stunning with blue eyes, as it has peachy and coppery colors- and others that are really pretty. (I tried to put a picture here, but it wouldn't let me paste!).  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am a cool toned gal. I have tried all colors....warm and neutrals and they absolutely don't work for me.  At least most of them don't.  I can wear certain sand and bronze colors but again, if they are on the very warm side...it's a no go.  I see so many women wearing some of these orangy golden colors and to me, it looks garrish....... especially if they are cool toned ladies. Of course it goes back to personal preference.

One example (on youtube) would be Emily Noel.  I just love Emily's personality and still like to watch her but when I compare how she looks in her warm eye shadows verses the cool ones she wore years ago, imo, she looks so much better in the cool tones.  I know she's a beauty vlogger and wants to show eye looks for all,  but when it comes to her, I think the warm shadows and blush just wash her out.  The cool tones just give her that pop in her face I can't explain.  I have watched her for a long time.  At my age, I need all the pop I can get so I'm sticking with the cools! Oh, and one more thing....I don't put a lot of faith in going by what your vein color is.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wanted to add  yet another thing. You can have blue eyes and be warm or cool.  Cooler toned people usually have a more blue/gray eye. Brighter blue eyes and warm hair tones are often more warm.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

There are couple of Beauty IQ Steal shadow palettes today which might be of interest to you. The prices are pretty good! Search: Steal

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Thanks for thinking of me!  I took a look (hoping to see the Pumpkin Spice palatte) but didn't see anything I needed this time Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought the UD palette looked very pumpkin spice-ish. Woman Happy

images (1).jpgimages.jpg

With blue eyes:

images.jpg

@monicakm 

Honored Contributor

It does but I'm going to hold out for the other one.  Honestly the last thing I need is more eyeshadow.  With the UD Ultra Violet, Too Faced Nudes and this PF palette I bought at WM a few days ago, I'm covered Smiley Happy  What I really need are places to go to wear all this new makeup Smiley Surprised  I just took a chance on this PF Rose` All Play palette.  I was pleasantly surprised by how the colors look, the pigment and blendability.  $10 at WM.  Picture doesn't do it justice but there are YT videos.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm .....no one else's opinions matter incuding Mom.  If you like it wear it.  Life's too short to worry about such things.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Uugg!!! Looks like what the AZ desert looks like--nice to look at but not to wear--for me anyway

Regular Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Yes, it's part of the Too Faced Pumpkin Spice palette.  I passed on it and bought the Too Faced Born This Way Natural Nudes.  

Here is a new palette coming out by Too Faced.  Not yet released.  I'm not interested but thought I'd post it in case someone is...

Mariale Amor Caliente Eye Shadow Palette

Thank You!