Honored Contributor

Re: This 80-Year-Old Woman Is Beautiful in My Book

Joyce Carpati has inspired me to wear many of my dramatically large Linea earrings from several years ago.  

Respected Contributor

Beautiful woman. Have you seen Jane Fonda lately? I couldn't believe she is 80. She knows how to use that makeup too, so I'm not sure that less is more, even tho I understand that concept. Probably another lesson for us to do what is best for us individually. We all should know it has a lot to do with the genes on the wrinkle factor. I did my share of tanning when I was younger and I don't have excessive wrinkling, BUT I now avoid the sun as much as possible. I say, work with what you have to look your best!   

Super Contributor

She is lovely. Smart cookie for avoiding sun exposure.

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

Beautiful woman. Have you seen Jane Fonda lately? I couldn't believe she is 80. She knows how to use that makeup too, so I'm not sure that less is more, even tho I understand that concept. Probably another lesson for us to do what is best for us individually. We all should know it has a lot to do with the genes on the wrinkle factor. I did my share of tanning when I was younger and I don't have excessive wrinkling, BUT I now avoid the sun as much as possible. I say, work with what you have to look your best!   

@MomCat  Jane Fonda’s numerous facelifts and procedures account for her looking great at 80...and a wonderful surgeon.

Honored Contributor

I responed to her efforts to stay intellectually stimulated and relevant. It shows that she doesn’t sit around watching tv eating Dove candies.

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

I hope to look as good when I'm 80!!!

She is lovely! I only hope to look as good!

Honored Contributor

Gorgeous!!!

Respected Contributor

She is definitely beautiful.  Although I don't know her, she sounds like she is also beautiful inside.  I really like the picture of her and her granddaughter.  I hope her granddaughter listens to her about staying out of the sun.  It is definitely important.

@golding76Thank you so much for sharing that wonderful article.  I truly enjoyed reading about Mrs. Carpati.

Honored Contributor

She is lovely. So serene and calm looking, too.  When I look at her, I get a sense of her contentment and happiness. that she is at peace with who she is and where she is.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

She really does have great skin.  Makes me wish I could take back some of that tanning I did as a teen, but alas, I loved the beach.