Contributor

Rarely do I post here but I have been dealing with thinning hair now for a few years. It is to the point that I can see my scalp when I look in my bathroom mirror. It is embarrassing and makes me very self concious. I found a shampoo bar soap that I believe is helping. Marcella Herbal on Etsy. It is all natural and there are lots of different ones for different hair loss. The owner will give you advice on the ones to try for your particular issue. I have been using the one called Vigor since the first of June and absolutely love it. Theres sometimes samples and that is what I started with. I have little hairs coming  back in now. There are oils too you can use but I think for me just the soap is working. Her grandmother started this and I believe you will be impressed with her knowledge if you go and just read about it. Hope if you are having this issue you check it out. I am truly glad I did. 

Esteemed Contributor

Wow,  that's a great testimonial! I went on Etsy and checked all the wonderful shampoo soaps out. They have great reviews. I purchased two myself! I have that menopausal type of hair thinning, which drives me nuts. Hopefully this can take the edge off. Thanks again!

Respected Contributor

There are a few different varieties under Marcella Herbal.  Which one did you choose?

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

@emawma There are a few different varieties under Marcella Herbal.  Which one did you choose?

Respected Contributor

Sorry!  I read your post again and saw that you use Vigor.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@emawma   many factors can play a role in hair loss.  Have  you  gone to your doctor and had blood work up done to rule out metabolic issues...

thyroid and such? Medications you may be on could also contribute.....if you are on blood pressure med or any meds... you need to read the information on them... they could be contributing.

Your hormones as we age... too much of some... too little of others...   can contribute.  DHT is a hormone that causes hair loss in both men and women.... have a test done to measure your estrogen and testosterone levels.... Read up on DHT and what supplements might be beneficial that you can buy over the counter to  block that hormone. Shin Min make a product called DHT Factors that I like to take.

A shampoo is really  just a topical placebo....  you want to really know what is going on  metabolically first.

Honored Contributor

@emawmaThanks for this info.

I used WEN since 2009 and not faced the hair loss problem some had, but just this spring my endocrinologist prescribed a new med and I can't see any effect from it except massive amounts of hair loss.

It happened so quickly that my stylist commented on the big difference just between my last 2 appointments which were only 3 weeks apart.  I'm checking ETSY!

Contributor

I chose the Vigor the fist time because they had a sample and I wasn't sure. Glad i did get the Vigor now. Kind of a universal soap bar. I wash my hair with it twice a week but it says you can use them everyday. I wash my hair then rinse and repeat. Leave the last one until I finish washing the rest of me then rinse it out. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Re: Thinning hair

[ Edited ]

I've had thinning hair most of my adult life. I've tried so many things to make my hair grow back and the single most effective thing I have found is a hair laser. For me that works. I take supps but I don't use any special shampoo or scalp treatments. If someone asked me to give up all that I do to make my hair grow except for one thing, I would have to say I would keep my hair laser. Everything else I could do without, although I think they help...just not as much as a hair laser.Woman Happy

Contributor

Mine is from menapose. I have had all the blood tests. All of them were fine. I am a very healthy 63 year old. I do not take any kind of medicines for anything. I have a wellness check up every year. I do thank you for your concern.