Regular Contributor

Re: Thinning hair suggestions

I agree with @SilleeMee 

On her recommendation, I purchased the very expensive laser cap...

Best money I have ever spent. It is the only thing that has ever made a difference in my horrible, thinning, balding hair.

Thank you @SilleeMee 🙏 

Respected Contributor

I have an older version of this Hairmax comb.  It has made a huge difference and is so easy to use.  I use it 3 times a week, and it takes about 10 minutes each time.  I sit here at my computer reading different things while using it.  How easy is that?  And the time flies because I'm doing other things.  A person could watch TV or read just as well while using it.  And it works great for less than $200.  I paid $180 years ago for mine when it was a TSV, so this price isn't bad at all.  If you'll go to the forum search feature toward the top of the page, you can type in Hairmax, and you'll get many threads on it.  I was brave and posted pics I took showing my results on several of the threads--which are nothing short of amazing.  I look back at those pictures and wonder what my hair would have looked like now if I had not discovered the Hairmax comb.  My aunt had very, very thin hair where you could see her scalp, so I'm pretty sure I would have ended up like that, too.

https://www.qvc.com/HairMax-Ultima-9-Classic-Hair-Growth-Laser-Comb.product.A384399.html?sc=SRCH 

Respected Contributor

I think the proper diagnosis is key to avoid wasting time and money.

After wasting years and thousands on lights, serums, etc my friend finally when to see a derm that only works with hair loss.    Of course, this doctor was in another state.

She found she has a specific auto-immune disorder that causes damage to the hair follicles.  She was on immune-suppressing drugs and had stem cell injections.

Honored Contributor

I've been taking collagen for tha last several months--mostly for my achey knees which I can feel the difference, but have noticed my nails are growing better and I have new  baby hairs growing too---have thin, fine hair after chemo and the meds I take---but really noticed them at the last hair cut---but takes months---to really act-- altho my knees felt so much better alot sooner. 

Honored Contributor

Joan Rivers had a wonderful spray for issues with hair.  You might like it.

Frequent Contributor

I have hair loss, but it's due to Lupus flares I experience. The worst one was last fall when I was in the hospital for 3 weeks. I didn't have any platelets in my blood.  I've been taking the Nature's Bounty, Hair, Skin and Nails since the first of November. I'm glad to say the hair that's fallen out is growing back. It's about 1 1/2 inches long now.

Respected Contributor

I from time to time have had hair thinning . When a teen too severe dieting, when mid life found I was hypothyroid ( been using Armour for years and kept levels steady) . many in my family have had the difficulty.

I found minioxidil helpful in my menopausal years.

There is a plethora of info on You-Tube if you have the time to comb (no pun intendedSmiley Happy ) thru. Some good some ???

I have always found better hair when I do oil type  homemade treatments about once a week . I have shortish -medium hair/ color treated via myself and Naturetint product / fine and straight. 

My favorite homemade treatment that seems to thicken and makes shine is : coconut oil , a little olive oil , castor oil , pumpkin oil , saw palmeto supplement (DH's ) and a few drops of essential oil --peppermint. I leave it on wrapped up in turban for at least an hour. Then wash with a good shampoo and warm to hot water. 

I love Nioxin Cleanse #3 and lately have tried Tweak d products and love them.

I have tried to be vigilant about wearing a wide brimmed sun hat when yardening . Funny looking --eh --maybe but so is 'straw hair' .