Honored Contributor

I had been noticing thinning hair in front on the sides and when I would wear my hair up there was a noticeable spot on each side that I had to cover over.  I got the Hair Max last year and within a few months I noticed fuzzy hair coming in.  After 9 months it filled in quite nicely.  I used it every other day for 11 minutes and now use it at least once a week for maintenance.  It's not instantaneous but with steady use it sure worked for me.

Honored Contributor

After having my thyroid checked and ruling out any medical reason, my Dr. told me to take 10,000 mcg (Biotin comes in micrograms, not milligrams) of Biotin daily and it's really helped a lot!

I also have long fingernails for the first time in my 62 years! They were always paper thin and peeled away.

The one inconvenience is that my lashes grow too and sometimes I have to trim a little length off of them.

DH takes it also now and it's really slowed his hair loss down and male pattern baldness runs in his family, his younger brother is almost completely bald.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

My hair is much thinner on the sides now but I have noticed lots of shorter hairs coming in.  A year ago I got serious about taking OTC vitimains regularly and think that must be the reason.  Not doing anything else.  I know I am getting all the B vitimins now.

Honored Contributor

I'm hypothyroid & my hair is really thinning. A side effect of the medication is hair loss. I have been taking Biotin for over 2 yrs now. It has not helped my thinning hair. It does make it gorw longer faster & helps my nails.